“Terrible service”
Review of Majestic

Majestic
Ranked #1,740 of 4,190 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Red Light District (De Wallen)
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

After waiting 1,5 hours for the food and serveral attempt to ask were it was - We cancelled the reservation. No excuses, no attempt to make it an ok experience. Arrogant service and attitude. Amacing that they dare!!

Reviewed May 20, 2013

The only good thing about this hotel was the location.
We ordered our dinner from the menu I am allergic to nuts so I asked if I can swap the nuts for something different and got told no as there's plenty of other stuff I should be great full for in my meal!!!
My partner and I ordered a still water and a Heineken, the drinks were not listed on the menu however we didn't really think about worrying about the price of a water. Anyway the bill came and we were charged €10 for the water and €7 for the beer and also €5 for some bread. I can't believe there are restaurants that would rip of tourists so badly and at the same time treat them so badly. In London I wouldn't expect to pay that much for a water in the 5* hotels let alone in some little restaurant in Amsterdam. I would avoid this restaurant at all costs there's much better value places to eat

Reviewed May 18, 2013

When we were in Amsterdam, the weather was VERY windy, raining most of the time, closer to "cold" than good - although it was mid May!

So, after a long walk in the city, or walking tour, or something - we found ourselves coming back repeatedly to Majestic because they have heating above the first row of tables outside - it was great! You are outside enjoying the city life and in the same time - you are warm.

Also, to my surprise - they have Mojito and it is VERY good :-) Beer is ~8 eu.
Bathroom is clean - costs a few cents though (35 if i remember correctly).

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Fabulous location, great lounges to sit and people watch at from of restaurant, great staff, good value food

Reviewed April 30, 2013

On arrival in Amsterdam this was the first bar I visited. I asked for a beer and a long Island Iced Tea. I was given a glass of beer and a small glass of ice with a tiny amount of brown liquid at the bottom and asked to pay €20 for the privilege. I refused and promptly left to find a bar thirty yards away where a pint and a proper iced tea cost me €11. I'm sure the food is probably great but do you really want to pay three times the price for something just because it's on Dam Square?