“Superb!”

Utrechtsedwarstafel
Reserve with
Utrechtsedwarstafel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #199 of 4,141 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: French, Italian, Dutch
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stadsdeel Zuid
Description: Within strolling distance from Theatre Carré there is the stage of Hans Verbeek and Igor Sens, the two culinary artists from restaurant Utrechtsedwarstafel. Their performance is a ballet of wine and food. Indulge yourself with the culinary compositions by Igor the Chef and the wines of Sommelier Hans. An adventurous evening awaits. The concept of Utrechtsedwarstafel is straightforward and easily explained. Igor purchases the freshest produce of the season and subsequently composes fine delicate dishes for a multiple course menu. Just mention the number of courses you wish to eat.For every menu Hans creates the perfect wine arrangement. Every course is accompanied by the right match of wine. However, the arrangements vary with respect to the complexity and quality.The bare essence of Utrechtsedwarstafel is that every course is a fertile marriage of wine and food. Its fruits bear your palate a sheer joy.
Reviewed September 27, 2012

My wife and I have been dining here every year for the past 10 years. We have enjoyed every moment of our dining experiences. This year, we are going again for the second night in a row, and already looking forward to next year!

2  Thank bobfont28

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Great food, even better wine. This is a must do for people that want the best food and wine experience. Love that they use local and organic ingredients.

1  Thank teddipet
Reviewed August 12, 2012

very nice restaurant, you need to make a reservation, because really busy. Great food with only the best ingredients and the combination with the wine makes it even more great. Not very subtle though, quite strong wines. My husband and I both enjoy wine and followed some courses: we drunk some wines we never heard of before! A albarino (spanish grape) from Portugal, a chardonnay from the Barolo area and a great white Cote du Rhone that was almost as good as a meursault. Very good. The service is good but also a bit weird: perhaps because of the strict foodcombinations that made it a bit stirr and stiff. Restaurant is very inside, no streetview which makes it a bit dark. Conclusion: go there, eat and drink your heart out and enjoy!

juiced, Public Relations Manager at Utrechtsedwarstafel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Dear Jenwel, thank you for your kind and honest review. I'm really happy to hear that you enjoyed our food and wine combinations. Because of our concept our service can be a bit different than your used to. But we always try to give everybody personal attention. Unfortunately you experienced your visit as as a bit stirr and stiff. We will try to improve on this. Thank you for your feedback and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Owned by a couple, travelling around and buying stuff for the restaurant.
Different menue every day...surprise of the cheff....served with a smile and a beautiful story behind each meal and wine.
Reserve well in advance - places limited.

1  Thank MartinMihaylov
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Found this restaurant via TripAdvisor -- not always 100% convinced of TA reviews so checked it out on the Dutch site iens.com (okay, so I don't speak dutch, but I got the gist of what people were saying...)

Arrived at 7 and were welcomed warmly -- even though I had totally confused these guys with my request for a reservation! They were quite gracious. Anyway, started with a huge glass of a white wine from -- well, I don't remember. But it was fabulous. And big! We had mackerl for the first course (I thought i didn't like it, but I've changed my mind), pigeon for the 2nd (again, not high on my list, but very yummy). The dessert was amazing -- a meringue with fruit and yogurt -- sounds quite plain but it was so tasty -- I am going to try and duplicate it at home.

The whole evening was lovely -- with discussions on the wine, the food, and a few US and Dutch politics sprinkled in :) ... Nothing was hurried. We had ample time to enjoy the wine and the food (and ample wine to enjoy -- I was definitely getting a little light headed after the 2nd glass!) Our only regret is that we did 3 courses and we scheduled the taxi to come too early ... we will definitely be back again and plan for five courses.

I am not a stranger to fine dining -- but this is beyond fine dining. The experience of having someone else choose the food and the wine and share with you what they've created -- all of it fabulous -- is worth having!

1  Thank konagirl
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

Dear Konagirl, thank you for your kind words and positive feedback! Great to hear that you liked the dessert as much as we do! I really appreciate the fact that you took the time to write a review about us. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest.