Ways to Experience SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Amsterdam
from $18.51
from $16.20
from $23.14
15,849 results
All reviews free tour our tour guide walking tour great tour the red light district free walking three hours hour tour great introduction your bearings his knowledge dam square highly recommend this tour interesting facts anne frank house kor lisa
Reviewed November 10, 2018 via mobile

Let the pictures speak for themselves. I took photos with my Samsung Galaxy S7 with flash mode turned off for better color and contrast.

Reviewed November 10, 2018 via mobile

Super disappointed by this tour, I would not recommend it. Our guide Kendra was rude and inappropriate, and was rushing us along from the start. Not a nice vibe at all. Definitely not worth the price.

I would, however, recommend hiring a bike for the day and doing your own exploring! €20 bought us 2 very rushed hours with this company, when our hostel offers all day bicycle hire for only €13... I really regret not hiring my own.

2  Thank Andreas R
SNE_Violeta, Front Office Manager at SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Andreas R,

Thank you for your honest feedback about your recent countryside bike tour in Amsterdam. We always appreciate when guests take the time to let us know about their experience so that we have an opportunity to improve our service.

We were very concerned to learn that Kendra was not to your liking. Each guide we work with has their own style and personality, which we encourage them to express on their tours; it’s what keeps the SANDEMANs Tours unique and interesting across our network. All the guides are very passionate and enthusiastic individuals but, unfortunately, their personal tour style does not always match all the guests’ tastes. It is regrettable to hear that in this instance you felt that Kendra’s style was not up to your standards.

Please be sure that we will be sharing your comments with her and with our local operations team to avoid something similar from happening in the future and to continue to improve. If you wish to speak further about your experience, please don’t hesitate to message me privately here on TripAdvisor, or to email me at violeta@neweuropetours.eu.

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We hope this experience will not prevent you from joining us again in the future.

All the best,

Violeta

Reviewed November 9, 2018 via mobile

We did the free walking tour with David, who shared some really great history and stories with plenty of humour too. Covered loads of the city and helped us to get our bearings at the start of our trip. Included a handy quick beer/drinks/toilet stop and opportunities to ask questions (to which David always knew the answer!). We asked David for a restaurant recommendation and we had a fantastic lunch somewhere he recommended. We were embarrassed at the end of the tour when we realised the note we thought we had was actually lower than we believed so we had to leave a very small tip, sorry David, it was definitely worth more! We’ve done lots of sandemans walking tours and this followed the usual reliable pattern, highly recommend it.

Reviewed November 5, 2018

I went to amsterdam for the weekend with some friends to celebrate my birthday. As it was my very first time in Amsterdam and we were quite a few of us we reserved the tours a month ahead.

They tell you in the website that if you want a private tour for over 12 people then you do have to pay in advance 8 euros per person. We were a group of 18 people but we didn´t know what people was going to make it so we decided to go for two different reservations.

When we arrived to the square ( it´s actually true that we were almost 5 minutes late) i found the person that gives out the tickets: MERITXELL

MERITXELL was absolutely unhelpful, quite rude and really dry to us.
I told her that we were 15 people and that we did have 2 reservations so we didn´t mind at all if they split us up into two groups. She told me that it was no possible as we had to pay 8 euros in advance if we wanted to do it. I obviously refused as i did have my reservations for the free tour and so i insisted over and over. Then, she told us that the tours were quite full and that therefore we had to wait for 2 hours and get a different one. I told her we did have a restaurant reservation right after the tour so that obviously we couldn´t wait for that long. Then she started asking me what restaurant was it and what time was the booking for on such a sarcastic way. I told her and she got back to me on such a rude way saying that i was not going to have time anyway because sometimes the tours last longer.
trying to be polite, i told her i had everything under control as i was the organizer and that i wanted to get in the tour right away with my reservation. Eventually she finally stepped back and with the driest "follow me" ever she got us into the two groups that were departing. First (extremely) disappointing experience with Sandemans to be honest. the guides and the people in the meeting points are usually helpful and nice, when she was rude, unhelpful and trying to make us pay upfront.

on the other hand, our guide SARA PANIAGUA was super lovely. she was funny, clever and knew how to do her stuff. Specially at the beginning, she was so looking like a tv show runner. She also helped us out with our evening visits. The only ( really small) bad thing i could say about the tour is that to be honest i would have added a bit more of history to her speech, but that´s just my opinion.

Overall, The tour itself and Sara were really good, but the situation with meritxell put our mood so down.

1  Thank Roam22751641584
Reviewed November 4, 2018 via mobile

Highly recommend this experience to anybody visiting Amsterdam.

Great way it’s pick up some interesting local facts and get to know the city a little better.

Our guide was Karl Webster from the London who has called Amsterdam home for some years and he was faultless - Thanks again for a great afternoon!

Date of experience: October 2018