Ways to Experience SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Amsterdam
from $16.30
from $16.30
from $23.20
6,924 results
All reviews free tour our tour guide walking tour great tour the red light district free walking three hours hour tour great introduction your bearings his knowledge dam square highly recommend this tour interesting facts anne frank house kor lisa
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

The tour was great! Charlie, our guide was excellent! He was knowledgable and with great sense of humor!

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Along with another couple, my friend and I booked our spots online and went to the location mentioned on the ticket - the IAmsterdam visitor center across from the Centraal station. The four of us waited until 15 minutes after when the tour was supposed to start, but no guide showed up. My friend and I had already done the free walking tour, so we knew where the Sandemans desk person would be in the city so we went there. He informed us that the location listed on the tickets was incorrect and that we were supposed to meet in from of the royal palace. Unfortunately, it was our last day so we never did make it on this tour. We were guaranteed a refund, but we’ll see if that goes through.

I will say that the staff was super apologetic but it seems like since we weren’t the only people who did this, it probably happens often. They said the location changed over a year ago, so maybe Sandemans needs to get it together and revamp their system.

1  Thank 738stacis
Reviewed 2 days ago

We really enjoyed our walking tour, lead by our Canadian guide, David. It gave us much more of an insight into the district, its history and culture, than we would have got wandering by ourselves. David was funny and knowledgeable, and gave us some great tips for other points of interest to check out afterwards (the show we saw was a real eye-opener!!)

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

Paul took my group around Amsterdam for a historic 3 hour walking tour and he was excellent. He was funny and full of brilliant anecdotes, I already loved Amsterdam but when I’d finished his tour I loved the city even more.

Karl was my guide for the tour of the red light district and he was also wonderful. He was full of facts and very approachable so if you have any questions as you go around the red light district ask him because he’s a fountain of knowledge!

Both my guides were truly wonderful, thank you both for a lovely day!

1  Thank Leyla H
Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

Easy to find group, however the group was much larger than stated on website. With 14 people and crowded streets, it was difficult to hear. However, Charlie's tour made up for the inconvenience. He was informative, knowledgeable and humorous. I appreciated his underlying message of tolerance and non judgement of the sex industry. I walked away with a rich understanding of Amsterdam history as well as current events. Charlie was an excellent guide!

Reviewed 6 days ago

Why would you not do this tour? It takes in parts of the city that you probably wouldn't see on your own, through back lanes, alleys, courtyards and squares, as well as some of the larger places.

Do this and the hop-on, hop-off bus and boat and you'll have all the intro you need to be able to branch out on your own later in your stay.

Charlie was great and extremely honest about the city he obviously loves, providing much detail of the history and sociology of the place and being open and challenging about issues like prostitution and drugs.

The tour lasts about three hours, with frequent pauses for explanation, and a rest break half way for a cup of coffee or a drink.

A must!

Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

So I did the tour with Charlie an it was a great experience to know the city (and discover some spaces, that alone I wouldn't had discover) alongside with the stories that charlie told. It was indeed a great tour with a lot of stories. Go with Charlie!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Save yourself some cash, rent a bike, do a bit of research and I believe you’ll have a better time. Our guide was rude and rushed, swearing and hurrying us along so one person wouldn’t miss her train. The country side was nice but I didn’t feel like I learnt anything at all and some information actually contradicted things we’d heard in an earlier tour.

1  Thank lilly883
Reviewed 1 week ago

Berber is a local so I was so happy to be in her tour! She has great knowledge about her hometown, and an awesome sense of humor. I really enjoyed getting to know Amsterdam beyond what it is worldly known for. I highly recommend you do a tour with Berber to have an authentic local experience of the city :)

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

On a 3 hours tour in the different part of the city, I had a lot of fun. But also importants informations about the history and some funny anecdotes that you don’t find in a book !
Our guide Paul was awesome: interesting, not boring at all, funny and really devoted to his role !
I recommend the Sandemans tour to everybody

1  Thank Dreamer59954736425