“Great Indian Food - Friendly Staff” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1,047 of 3,725 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Singapore, Singapore
“Great Indian Food - Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

Nice choice for Indian in Rembrantplein area. Located on the Utrechtsestraat where there are a lot of expensive options and tourist traps, this is a nice alternative to the rest. The staff is really friendly and will help you in choosing from a large variety of dishes. This is one of our favorite places for Indian food and is in a central location if you have other plans for the evening.

• Visited December 2011

Dublin, Ireland
“An Indian meal to delight”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

Meghna is located on Utrechtsentraat and near another very good Indian restaurant Tagore. It is a small restaurant serving Tandoori style food with a mixture of other delicacies. We had the lamb Kurma, which comes with basmati rice and could only describe the sauce as delicate with just the right amount of coconut. It is a mild dish that lets all the flavours come through. We also had the mixed Tandoori grill which was perfect and comes with salad. The cost with Nan, chapatti, two beers and two glasses of wine and tip came it at under €50. Could not be beaten!

• Visited February 2012
Athens, Greece
“very tasty food-kind people”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2011

it was the first time that we taste indian cuisine...we liked it a lot !tanduri chicken was excellant!

• Visited August 2011
Amsterdam
“Average food, not really worth it”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

Simple restaurant, staff is ok. Hoped the food would be great, but it wasn't. We had a chicken curry which was OK, but not memorable and certainly not as good as some other Indian restaurants in Amsterdam. Other dish was shrimps with garlic, red pepper and onion which was also nothing special. The food missed the rich taste which you expect from the Indian cuisine. It was just spicy, but definitely missed FLAVOR. Even the garlic Naan (Indian bread). Also the mango lassi (yoghurt drink), I have had better. Quite a disappointing experience. If you want a quick bite, it's ok I guess. Next time I go to Koh-i-Noor and see how that is nowadays, because I love Indian food.

• Visited October 2011
Istanbul, Turkey
“Chicken Tikka Masala - no good!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2010

I love Indian food especially chicken tikka masala. I eat tikka masala everywhere I go. I searched online for Indian food before going to Amsterdam. I had marked the restaurants "Koh-i-Noor" and "Majur", on the map for myself to go. But either they were close for lunch or I was at another destination for dinner. Anyways I made my way to Meghna for dinner because it was close to my hotel. I asked for chicken tikka masala. I didn't like it. Service was okay, atmosphere was fine but if chicken tikka masala is not good then the restaurant is not good for me at all. I am not Indian but I have eaten "ctm" a lot in different countries. As far as I know the dish I have been served wasn't the real "ctm". Meat was barbequed but didn't have its unique creamy sauce which is made with yougurt. I asked the waiter if the dish was ctm. He nodded that it was ctm. I have experienced it before at different places. They claim that there are doing ctm from different part of Indian?¿ I don't believe in this answer so I didn't ask more to the waiter not to hear this answer. Finally, not a bad place but not for me. In my opinion Chicken Tikka Masala has to be done properly. If the ctm is good then the rest will be good :)

• 1 of 5 bubbles