“Good value restaurant near Museumplein”
Review of De knijp

De knijp
Reserve with
De knijp is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #409 of 4,188 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: European, Mediterranean, Seafood, Grill
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Museum Quarter (Museumkwartier)
Reviewed December 6, 2013

This, like the nearby La Falote, was recommended by our hotel receptionist and after walking past it on our first night we went here on our second - principally because I fancied steak and chips! We were eating around 19.30 and the downstairs was empty, but we could see other diners upstairs so decided to give it a try. In fact my steak, which I'd asked for medium rare was one of the best I'd ever had - pink all the way through, and so tender I wish I'd gone for rare or even blue! The atmosphere was good, and service friendly and efficient; it's also open till midnight, later than La Falote, so useful if you want to dine later.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

A Dutch member of our who knew Amsterdam team organised a dinner here so it must have a good reputation - very good for a group, we all had a good dinner with drinks and coffee, although I am sorry to say I cannot remember what any of us ate!.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

I was in Amsterdam over the weekend with my boyfriend and we were so hungry we asked the taxi driver to recommend us somewhere, so he took us to De Knijp and it was absolutely amazing. The food came quickly, staff were so friendly and the food was so so good. It's a nice cosy intimate restaurant and I would highly recommend, very affordable too.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

This is a good value for your money place. Not fancy but traditional Dutch interior. Service good. Food good. We went after 8 and there was lots of room. It stays open really late so you can go there after a concert at the Concertgbouw which is nearby. It is usually packed on concert nights but after 8 everyone is gone. We went once and then went back because we liked it so much. Look for Pete the waiter and tell him we recommended him and De Knijp as promised.

1  Thank Elizabeth T
Reviewed November 10, 2013

large menu
weekly suggestions with wild menu
excellent red house wine
friendly service
quality food (rather small portions)
excellent desserts