“Super bediening en eten”

Shiva Indian Restaurant
Reserve with
Shiva Indian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #562 of 4,182 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Samen met collega's vanuit India hier geweest, prima gegeten. Ze hadden het eten helemaal niet spicy gemaakt. De vis was prima!
De volgende dag weer terug geweest en toen weer een goede maaltijd gehad (andere taste).
Bediening is ook goed!

----

Together with some colleagues from India I've went to this restaurant. They've made for me the food not spicy at all, the fish was perfect!
Went already back the next day to the same restaurant and was having again a good dinner (different taste).
Also the staff of the restaurant is nice!

Reviewed March 9, 2014

I am British living in Amsterdam and so I often feel deprived of the quality of Indian food that I am used to! This restaurant has helped me cope with being an expat. I go there regularly and have never been disappointed. The Tandoori mixed grill is superb! Service is friendly and efficient and the atmosphere is very relaxing. Near movie theatres too.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

The Owner - BasuDev is a Indian. He himself is the Shef and the Captain, The Service provided by the Restaurant staff is good. Veg Pakoda is best here, Also Lamb Mutton Biryani, Tandoor Chicken, Chicken Gravy and Vegetarian Thali is one of the best dishes here. Whenever I visit Amsterdam for sure I have dinner / Lunch only in Shiva at Rambernplain.

1  Thank Premkumar W
Reviewed March 3, 2014

It was a superb chicken Tandori that was served to us. I am not really a big fan of Indian food but this on had me change my mind. I like the chicken Tandori grill, it was good value for money. The staff, Wayne and Deepa, are really nice, friendly and professional. I would go back to try Indian cuisine with them.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

We went here as the reviews on Tripadvisor were so good but we were sadly disappointed. Usually I'm not fussy about restaurants and wouldn't normally take to my laptop to write a review but I had no choice in this case.

On arrival, we were asked if we'd like poppadoms when we sat down and we accepted. When they arrived they were obviously shop bought (extraordinarily similar to the Sharwoods ones). We asked the waiter if they had any real poppadoms and he said 'No, sorry' and looked embarrassed and said he wouldn't charge us for the ones we had.
We ordered our food and what arrived was not like any curry we'd had before. My husband ordered a Chicken Madras and got 5 bits of chicken covered in curry paste but no sauce. I ordered Butter Chicken which was also 5 bits of chicken covered in a strange pink garlic gloop which repeated on me well into the next day.
My husband wanted to refuse to pay but I was embarrassed so we just paid and left. Looking back maybe we should have complained as it was expensive and extremely disappointing.
Maybe we went on a bad night and usually it's wonderful like others have said but I was very unimpressed and sorely out of pocket.

1  Thank ana2pink