“Our best meal in Amsterdam”
Review of Campo Di Fiori

Campo Di Fiori
Reserve with
Campo Di Fiori is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #414 of 3,858 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
West Hartford, CT
“Our best meal in Amsterdam”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We had the best dinner of our 4 nights in Amsterdam at LePecheur. Ironically, I had the Tournedos of Beef in this fish restaurant and the dish was fabulous. My husband had the mixed grill (seafood). The scallop appetizer was delicious as well. Our waiter was personable and attentive which we found not to be the norm in Amsterdam. Easy location to find a block away from the floating flower market. We heartily recommend!

• Visited April 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“a fish restaurant of quality”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

It was not a busy night when we visited, so staff gave us all the attention we needed. Good menu with plenty of choice and of course the fish dishes were very well cooked and prepared

Visited September 2012
London, Canada
“very tasty fish”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

reasonable price for the 3 or 4 course menu (which you select from their normal menu). portion sizes are a bit smaller than usual (especially if you're used to huge north american portions), but with the 3 course we were really full.

their sauces were wonderful. main dish comes with a small salad (not listed in the menu) which was good too, but had a bit too much dressing. i had their tuna and salmon sashimi and while the taste was fine, the presentation was a bit lacking - with sashimi a bit more care should be put on the way the fish is filleted.

order the tarte tartin dessert, especially if you like apple pie. it was amazing.

Visited August 2012
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Exquisite food with wonderful service”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Every time I visit Amsterdam I really have to have dinner at Le Pecheur, whether alone or with friends. Le Pecheur is a roomy, well-lit restaurant with a garden for lunch and dining in good weather. Service is efficient, hospitable and very friendly.
The cuisine - mainly seafood but vegetarian and meats as well - is absolutely tops. The wine list is fine, too, with a selection geared to the menu. The style is more-or-less French with Japanese and International overtones. E.g., they 'do' a great tuna-salmon sashimi and delicious tuna teriyaki; but also grills both of fish and meets; marvelous sole. Fine oysters, and some of the best mussels in white wine I've had. Nice listing as well of desserts, competently and honestly made - and not so complicated. All served with grace. Tables are beautifully set and all is immaculate.
Pricing is reasonable for the quality served!
Highly to be recommended!

• Visited August 2012
Irvine, California
“Best meal we had in Paris and Amsterdam”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I rated this restaurant Excellent because we had a great and enjoyable meal there. We made a reservation well before we left on our trip to Europe. I wasn't sure if I wanted to go to a French restaurant in Amsterdam after being in Paris, but I am very glad that I did because this meal was much better than any I had in Paris. We sat on the outside patio that is behind the restaurant. The restaurant is on a very busy street, but you are away from all that on the patio. My husband and I both had loup de mer as our main dish and it was delicious. We were very pleased that the kitchen was willing to modify the dish; I think that it is usually pan-fried, but we asked for it to be grilled. It came with a sauce that was delicious. Our appetizers and deserts were wonderful as well and the service was perfect. I will definitely return here and I already recommended it to friends.

• Visited July 2012