“Marveous cake” 5 of 5 stars

Chocolaterie Pompadour
Ranked #9 of 80 Dessert in Amsterdam
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Marveous cake”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff & delicious cakes. Little very classy bakery. Best lemon cheesecake in town. They also have home made chocolates

• Polish first
Warsaw, Poland
“It doesn't matter what your order, they're all excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I stopped in here after being recommended from another guest at our hotel. We ended up going right at the end of our trip but I wish that we would've discovered it sooner because if I had known about it I would have literally gone there every day for their desserts and coffee.

We were a group of three and tried three of their slices of cake - I can't remember the names that he gave them but honestly if you go it doesn't matter which one you order, they are all delicious and you will want to try them

• Visited February 2014
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
“Wow one word”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Stopped for an afternoon Coffee and cake and can recommend it. Rest your weary feet and enjoy, cosy and smart with quality pastry's ,Not helping my increasing wait line but worth it the experience.

• Visited December 2013
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“pseudo- french tourist trap”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I really like the " Negen Straatjes" since they are very cute with their unique shops and small cafés/ restaurants.
This time me, my partner, mother and sister, chose café Pompadour for a small break from exploring winterly Amsterdam.
The place itself is pretty small and we had luck to find a table for four. The prices here are pretty high, typical for tourist centres in big cities.
The cakes and pastries looked very pretty and tasty. Two of us also tried the cake and were very pleased. So why only 2 stars? well some things: me and my sister opted for the hot chcoloate and since this café sells also a big selection of pralines we were sure they would use real chocolate ( like the famous café Angelina in Paris). This was not the case and very dissappointing.
We also had the feeling we were rushed to drink/ eat fast that other people, who stood already in the café could get our seats.
Furthermore one of the waitresses cleaned the chairs and the table with the same cloth. This is pretty unhygenic and not nice to see. Also the toilet area was pretty dirty.

In my opinion there are nicer places to go to and it is not worth the money you pay for.
Therefore better avoid it.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank KrisCobain
Traverse City, Michigan
“Sumptous break on Christmas stroll through the 9 streets”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

Incredible baked goods along with perfect cup of Hot chocolate with whipped cream.Friendly staff. Beautiful assortment of truffels to go.

• Visited November 2013