At first glance, the hotel seems very nice as the lobby is updated and the bar/restaurant are new. However, there are many items with which I take exception:
1. The rooms themselves are dated, at best. While the lobby looks nice, the rooms are clearly where the money ran out. They are not dilapidated, but they are certainly not to the quality of other hotels in the area.
2. The size of the rooms is prototypical of European hotels -- very small. While this is not necessarily a knock on the establishment due to the norm, it was still a surprising price for the size.
3. Cancellation -- My coworkers and I are spending extra days in Amsterdam due to the cost actually being cheaper than flying out earlier. However, we were told we could not cancel part of our reservation 3 days in advance of that component, in order to switch hotels to one closer to downtown. This seems unreasonable.
4. Internet -- My BIGGEST complaint. As a business professional needing to stay in constant contact with both the office and customers, I find it hard to swallow when the internet is not reliable or fast. Frankly, the internet at this hotel is the single worst internet I've experienced anywhere on the planet (no exaggeration, truly the least reliable). i'm shocked that this can be acceptable when every single person of the 200+ attendees and exhibitors are using the internet (namely wireless) to do work. I would much rather pay 15 euros/day for reliable and fast internet, than have free useless internet. Be very aware that if you intend to do any video conferencing, tv streaming, or other modern internet tasks, that you will likely be subject to serious tests of patience.
Other than all of that, the place is ok. I don't plan on coming back unless I'm required to for work - look somewhere else for fun and profit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Amsterdam City is a 4 star hotel near the Amsterdam RAI events centre and the WTC. RAI station,within walking distance of the hotel, offers frequent connections to the city centre and Schiphol Airport. This 100% non smoking hotel is an idealbase for a business trip or weekend away.The modern rooms feature an extra long bed, mobile desk, sofa and airconditioning. The hotel offers a restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, seven meeting rooms, a business centre, pub and coffee corner ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, ACCOR, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Novotel Amsterdam City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Amsterdam City Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor Amsterdam City
- Amsterdam Novotel