“Very Good food, but watch the bill!!”
Review of Puri Mas

Puri Mas
Ranked #232 of 4,134 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Indonesian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stadsdeel Zuid
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My girlfriend and I went to dinner there in Oct. 2012, we had a great dinner, food was excellent, we also had several drinks, but when the bill came it was twice what should have been, after 3 tries they go it right.

Go there and enjoy a good meal, but keep an eye on the bill.

1  Thank EDUARDO N

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I did a lot of research prior to going to Amsterdam, and I had to go to a Rijsttaffel or Rice plate where they give you a plate of rice and small dishes of meat and veggies to complement the rice. I had a place in mind but when I spoke to the concierge he recommended it. I'm glad I went there. It's in Leidsplien Square so you can enjoy the street entertainment afterwards. But oh my gosh, the food was absolutely amazing. They give you 2 bowls of different rice and then 8 small dishes and I have to admit that every flavor i love in asian dishes: peanut buttery, bbq, coconut stew and spice were all there. It was a taste of experience. I was afraid being by myself that it would be too much, but they had just enough food for the number of people eating. It truly was one of the best experience I've had when I went to Amsterdam.

1  Thank patgranada
Reviewed October 13, 2012

This restaurant was recommended to us by the concierge at the Hilton Hotel. It is downtown in the restaurant district among many other restaurants. Climb a flight of stairs and enter into the magic of superb Indonesian food. I have had Rijsttafels before in Amsterdam and in Aruba. This was far and away the best I have ever had. There is a choice of many non rijsttafel foods and several rijsttafels dinners. My wife and I chose the second most expensive of these dinners (not terribly expensive at all) and were served multiple dishes of aromatic and savory food - lamb, chicken, pork, beef, seafood, vegetables and rice. The dishes are served on a warming tray as a collection of small to moderate portions. We like soup and had that first which is why we picked the dinner we did. The level of spice was varied but even the dishes that they told us were very spicy were not. The restaurant is comfortable. Service is lovely. Beer goes very well with the food. We loved it.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I was looking for a nice Indonesian restaurant to take vistors to in Amsterdam and came across this, after being reviewed on TripAdvisor. Overall, the food was good and there was plenty of it. The service was excellent - attentive and very pleasant. The maitre'd explained all the dishes and arranged them on the table in order of hotness, which was clever.

The only improvement would be that I couldn't really see the difference between the various rice tables, despite a considerable difference in price. Not a problem - just go for the cheapest one as you'll not be missing much on the more expensive ones...

1  Thank gerard_bartley
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We had the rijsttafel: a selection of tasting dishes, one meat and one veggie/fish rather than sharing which made me feel exceptionally greedy with the number of dishes brought out! The food was really tasty and plentiful and we both left feeling quite satisfied. The service was exceptionally friendly, smiley and helpful and we enjoyed our experience, having never eaten Indonesian food before.