“Worth the Money!!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stadsdeel Zuid
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Food in this place was excellent , fresh and tasty. We ate unlimited spare ribs and fish n chips along with some shots and wine. Worth the Money and highly recommended place if you want to watch the football, eat and drink all at the same time

1  Thank Swathikha_KG
Write a ReviewReviews (1,004)

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I needed someplace to watch Football in Amsterdam and I found this one. Sure there are others but I settled on this one because it was a 2 minute walk from my hotel. I read the reviews and was a little nervous but I was going to watch Football and not for a first class dining experience.

Now I wouldn't come here for any other reason but to watch sports but with that being said our experience wasn't as terrible as others. Our waitress was super friendly. Sure they have rules and you have to order food. That is their rule, it is what it is. I have been to plenty of places that have food and drink minimums so that is nothing new for me. My husband had the ribs and said they weren't bad. I played it save and got a pancake with baked apples, nuts and whipped cream. Hard to go wrong with that and it was edible. It was crowded and loud but what else would you expect from a sports bar?

2  Thank Pchhabra20
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I read several reviews of this place and it needs to be said that in a city with hundreds of very good to excellent restaurants, what would you realistically expect of the food at a bar that is a place to watch football and drink beer...and it's on The Leidseplein, one of the most touristy spots in Amsterdam? Having said that, in fairness, I went here five times in a recent month-long stay and didn't eat anything so I can't honestly weigh in on the quality of the food. But I never order food at a sports bar. It's how why I go to a sports bar.

Come here if you are a football fan (although other sports were on one of the many TVs, rugby while I was there, for example). They have several games on at once and they are very good about getting them on before they start without you having to ask or beg. The staff are friendly. The place is cool with you smoking (not tobacco only though) although it is not like it is crazy smoky either.

In short, when I wanted to watch football and have a chat with other football fans, I went here. And I had a great time every time. Two of the five times I went ended up going to other places nearby with people I met here. Very friendly. Nice staff. Football and a chat. What's not to like?

1  Thank John S
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

The people that give this place fives stars must be crazy, what a bad joint. Bad service and bad food. The hamburger was cold and the pizza was frozen.

4  Thank Morten F
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I've walked by this sports bar a million times in my life (seeing as how I live in Amsterdam) but I've never actually sat down for a drink or something to eat. I went with a friend and we had ribs and pizza. It took FOREVER to get my food. The ribs weren't so special, I wouldn't call home about it. I got given a large Sprite without being asked which size I wanted, and it was €4,60, ridiculous price.

Oh well, it was unlimited ribs for €9,95, I didn't expect a Michelin meal!