“I'm from Texas and these "Ribs are Fantastic"”

Satellite Sports Cafe
Ranked #1,056 of 4,085 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stadsdeel Zuid
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We visited this restaurant because of the "All you can Eat" spareribs they advertise and were also curious how they could be since BBQ ribs is a specialty of Texas where we are from. They serve thier ribs with a choice of garlic or BBQ sauce and I chose one, she the other. I was amazed.. The ribs were tender and tasty and I don't think I've ever had better. This will be one of my first stops on our next trip to one of our favorite cities. :)

Reviewed November 13, 2012

This is not a formal restaurant. so don't expect a great service. It is more like a bar or café, but you can taste here incredible unlimited ribs for an incredible low price (10 euro). At the same time you can watch live football or tennis games in a dozen of different screens. The service is correct, nice waitresses although always very busy. The place is noisy like in a fast food restaurant and I guess it is part of a format thought for young people. Check the price of the drinks: some are also very convenient (4 Mexican beer bottles for 10 euro for instance)

Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend arrived quite late in Amsterdam and went out looking for a place to eat with reasonable prices and an interesting menu. This was it! I had the all-you-can-eat spare ribs with baked potato and it was absolutely brilliant! Meat was really tender and it was so tasty I actually preferred it without any sauce. My girlfriend wasn't as hungry so she just had a couple of toasted sandwiches, but she was happy with them too. Total cost for both meals plus four beers was about 27€ and the service was fast and the staff was friendly and helpful. Looking at the menu there was plenty to choose from and a lot of dishes sounded interesting, especially the many varieties of pancakes, even though I'm not a huge fan of pancakes normally I was tempted to try them. Only negative thing was that it was a bit loud and crowded with the tables outside quite close together, so for a quiet evening it might not be your best choice. Great location with a taste of the Amsterdam atmosphere and sports on the screens made it a perfect first stop for us however and we would gladly come here again!

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We went here TWICE on our recent city break...both times for UNLIMITED RIBS!!! :) The waitress just asks if you want more whenever you finish your current plate...and with fries/baked potato, it's a TOTAL bargain for 9.95E!!
Definitely recommended!!

Reviewed October 4, 2012

terrible terrible terrible rude staff and management.waitresses that are blackmailing saying that if u want to sit there u have to buy large drinks and food,to be squeezed in small tables that normally would be given to 2 persons but they give them to 4.the ribs are cheap but a glass of coca cola cost 4,60 and a pint of tab beer 5 euros in a city which the bottled beers cost average 3 euros

1  Thank stavhel