Bibies BB
$239
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$174
$154
  • Bar/Lounge
$314
$258
$189
$167
  • Restaurant
WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$262
$237
Hotel Estherea(Amsterdam)
$396
$313
  • Room Service
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$224
$294
$213
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel De Hallen(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$181
$140
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 20, 2009

Our family of 4 rented the whole apartment for a few days in Amsterdam, and it was perfect for our needs. Comfortable and home-like and in a super location. We saved money by walking a few blocks to markets and supermarkets and buying great food that we could take on picnics or prepare with a bit of cooking in the kitchen. Comfortable beds and lighting. No complaints!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2009

Ok overall, this place is just ok. I was expecting when booking this place that it was going to be nice considering the owner originally charged me 90euro per room per night. I rented both rooms in the appartment. When we arrived I was very dissapointed...not only did it smell quite musty, but there was only one bathroom. The bathroom is the worst part! There is one small room with just a toilet and then another slightly bigger room with the sink and an open shower. Taking a shower floods the whole floor so you can't use the sink later without rubber boots and the shower head is crappy. Also if you don't know the couple in the other room the bathroom situation could be quite awquard.

The rooms are not bad at all, there is a kitchen with things if you want to cook, there is a kitchen table/entrance room as well where you would eat breakfast. I don't know what breakfast is like because we opted-out. For a price of 90euro this place is not worth, we negotiated for 45euro per night per room which is more reasonable.

The neighborhood is quite nice, but a bit of a long walk from the red light district...solid thirty minutes at a good pace. There are convenient trams around the corner though.

So all in all, not a bad place to stay if you are paying about 45euro per room but not more.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2009

hi ,
I had a great time in Amsterdam this summer -2009-
I stayed in a cheap and great b n b,
Its well located near the centre, quiet, near cool cafes and restaurants, (cafe de pipj is great ) , cheap and the owners are very nice. Its actually an apartment so you have your own space and privacy

www.bibiesbb.nl

margot, London

Reviewed July 14, 2009

My friend and I stayed in Bibies' two bedroom apartment, which is located directly across the street from Bibi's personal apartment. Bibi and Joop are the most accommodating and welcoming people to stay with, who really created a home away from home for us throughout our stay. When we asked for their recommendations or directions, they were willing and eager to help us. When we expressed interest in visiting some museums, they lent us their museum passes for free admission. When the hot water did not work, Bibi allowed us to shower in another unit that they own (that had hot water). When we inquired about an internet cafe, Bibi allowed us to visit the other unit (again) where we could use the internet (for free!).

The apartment that we stayed in consisted of a living room (with a table and chairs, a small television, and a futon bed). Attached to living room was a kitchen, which contained an oven/microwave, a refrigerator, a dishwasher, a sink, and a stove that had to be lit by a match. Joop was kind enough to fill our kitchen with the included breakfast, which consisted of bread, butter, jelly, ham, cheese, yogurt, orange juice, and fruit. The bedroom had two hostel-sized beds pushed together and a closet area. Attached to the bedroom was a bathroom that had a shower, sink, and mirror. Overall, the apartment was small but cozy.

The location of the room was excellent, as it was located on a quiet street adjacent to many sites and activities. The Heineken Brewery, a farmer's market, a canal cruise, a square filled with restaurants and bars, and the museum district are all within walking distance. Everything else is very accessible by tram.

I would highly recommend Bibies BB to anyone visiting Amsterdam. If I ever return to Amsterdam, I will be sure to stay with them again!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 17, 2009

This B&B is a 2 bedroom apartment, with a good kitchen, living room and bathroom. Everything is very clean and well maintained. I stayed in the front room for 2 nights. The room is great, huge, the bed is very confortable and there is a good wardrobe. During the first night there was another couple in the other room, but we met them just 2 times. The other night we stayed alone in the apartment.
I loved the flexibility in Bibies. They left all the food for your breakfast and you can prepair it when you want and how you want. There were juice, milk, several jams, butter, breads, eggs, cheese, jam, fruits, cereals, tea and coffe. Perfect!
There is a laptop with free acces to internet and 2 guides about the city.
The location is very good, a beutifull and quiet street very close to Van Gogh Museum and Heineken. There are several restaurant nearby and 2 trams (16 and 24) to go to downtown.
My flight back home was late in the day and I could stay in the apartment until 6 pm!
I really enjoy my stay at Bibies and for sure would stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple