“Lovely experience”
Review of Bibies BB

Bibies BB
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Bibies BB
Ranked #231 of 331 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
“Lovely experience”
Reviewed November 25, 2008

We stayed at Bibies for 3 nights during our May trip. We left with very good impression as everything was nice. Room was clean, bed comfortable, breakfast was lovely.

We liked that location was not in a very centre as it was much quieter and pieceful in that area of the city. Appartament is 5 min walk to the Rijksmuseum and Central park. To walk to the centre is about 15-20 minutes.

Directly downstairs there are few nice restaurants with very good food and they are opened very late too!

The host was very nice. She gave us many advises about how to spend time in a city and called a cab for us when we were leaving. She also had bikes for rent for those who don't like to walk much.

We recommend this place for everyone coming to Amsterdam.

For those loving museums we recommend buying a yearly pass. It is valid in all national museums in entire country. You will cover the cost by just going to Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh museum.

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Chocolate_Lady_m

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Lier
Reviewed November 10, 2008

We really had a pleasant stay. Bibi herself is a nice lady. On phone and on mail we already had a good contact, very spontaneous and friendly. The BB is rather an appartment, it was clean, widely, hip, comfortable, ... We loved it. It was a good base to experience and visit Amsterdam. No problem to recommend this BB !

Stayed November 2008
1 Thank Hannel
Toronto
Reviewed October 16, 2008

I stayed at Bibies for five days while in Amsterdam and enjoyed myself there very much. Bibi was very friendly and accommodating from the beginning and the apartment is wonderful. She and her family around the corner and while it is a 2-bedroom apartment, I had it to myself the duration of my stay (bonus). It was very clean and well-kept as I walked in to Bibi cleaning the place in anticipation of my visit. It's sunny and warm inside, lots of room and she even stocks the fridge with regard to your preferences - I told her I was a fan of fresh fruit and there it was.

While some people may think it's a little out of the way, I found it to be in a nice area. It's about a 25 minute walk to Central Square and the Red Light District, but that walk is made all the easier by the numerous different routes one can take as well as the canals and sights along the way. It's a quiet neighbourhood with some deliciously quaint restaurant nearby and it's literally around the corner from the Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh.

Bibi has clean linens and cutlery available in the apartment along with board games, maps and guidebooks and even offered to rent a bike for me should I want one.

In short, I had a very pleasurable experience at Bibies and would no doubt stay there again if the chance presented itself. I recommend wholeheartedly.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank cashew77