My husband and I just finished a 3 night stay here and needless to say we were less than impressed! I'll start with the pros:
- Location, definitely the best part. It is. Lose to a main tram line and in a great neighborhood that is not too busy, yet close to many things.
- The free museum cards we were allowed to use while there.
Now the cons...
- We arrived around 8 pm and the room wasn't ready, so after a long day of travel we had to go out and come back later.
- The worst is the obvious mouse problem. We weren't given any instructions about breakfast, so we scouted around the kitchen trying to figure out what was for us to eat and what was the other tennants. This is when we discovered the mouse eaten bag of bread and decided going out for breakfast was the best option. In the fridge was soggy packages of lunch meat and cheese, as well as some questionable juice and eggs.
We later found out that breakfast is only provided on the first day, but it didn't matter, we were going out anyway.
-The bathroom is divided into the tiniest toilet room (difficult to sit down if you are at all tall) and a shower room that floods after 5 min showers.
-The place in general is unclean outside of the bedrooms. The kitchen is dingy and filthy, not to mention the mice. The Owner only cleans when someone checks out, so it can be days.
-The owner herself is friendly, but tries to cover up things. She gave us our bill and over charged us by nearly $100! Then she seemed surprised that we had Internet. We asked what network it was supposed to be as there were several that popped up, she said it was called bibies, but that network didn't exist. We told her we were on a unsecured network, called Sysco. She then told us that was the right one, which we knew was a lie.
Overall, we were happy to leave! The location is great, but I would never recommend it to anyone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bibies Bed & Breakfast is situated in the sparkling heart of De Pijp neighborhood, at Frans Halsstraat number 30-1, where you will find a restful accommodation. De Pijp is also called the Latin Quarter of the North. The neighborhood is known worldwide for its lively streets, shops, restaurants, cafes, terraces and authentic Amsterdam charm. All this makes this neighborhood a favourite spot for Amsterdammers and tourists alike. ... more less