“fast way to see Amsterdam but the service was bad”

City Sightseeing Amsterdam
Ranked #105 of 446 Tours in Amsterdam
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Our Hop on Hop off bus and boat offers you a wonderful opportunity to discover Amsterdam. The buses and boats bring you to the most famous sights in our city: the Red Light District, the old port, the flea market, the river Amstel, the Magere Brug and the museums. You can get on or off as often as you like at the 21 centrally located stops throughout the city (Damrak, Rembrandt Square, Heineken Experience, Museum Square, Leidse Square, Anne Frank House). Tip: Download our City sightseeing App for real time view of our buses and boats. And location of our stops!
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Read about the review but still purchased the bus ss this is the fast way to see Amsterdam as we only have 24 hours there.

Initially the bus driver (a lady ) was so helpful and give me a good explanation on the stop. However we saw she got a few Argus with the traveller but on the 2nd day we are one of the traveller that got scolded from her for using phone in the bus.

The bus do not stop at every stop like the other hop on n off bus that we take in other countries . As a tourist we unable to locate the stop and no signage and we missed the stop yo the flower market and got scolded from the driver ( the lady) when we as where is the stop . She say we need to press the bell.

The cruise was just an average cruise as the glass was dirty send we not able to take good picture.

2  Thank TETAsia
Write a ReviewReviews (1,458)
All reviews
in 30 reviews
"overview"
in 31 reviews

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I have used the Hop On Hop Off bus in a couple of cities while on holiday to get a feel for the city I am visiting. The tour in Amsterdam was average at best, the drivers being the best part of the tour. They were helpful and knowledgeable. I did not like the fact that the stops were not marked with any signage and were not that close to the attractions.

2  Thank Phil151
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Unaware there were multiple hop on hop off bus and boat operations in Amsterdam, we wondered into Lovers and bought tickets. After closely examining the route maps I noted that theirs had approximately 75% less canal routes than the other company that I investigated online. That was my error but it was no reason to be low spirited so off we walked to the Anne Frank House since the tours had not yet started. After seeing Anne's House (which we cherished) we set out to find the canal boat pickup stop. The Lovers company has no clearly posted sign indicating a pickup by the Anne Frank House and the Lovers boat that passed by made no attempt to stop at any of the ports near the House. After 20 minutes of searching the sides of the canal for the correct loading dock, we gave up and walked to the bus stop. We rather quickly found it, jumped on, and headed to the top. The first 5 minutes of the tour offered a few nuggets of tourism through the earphones included on the tour. After that the entire ride was a catastrophe. The only audio guide that appeared to work were the advertisements for tours of attractions associated with the Lovers tour group. There were very long periods on absolutely no audio at all. I can't blame Lovers for the horrible traffic but I can complain about the huge diversions from their published route that completely eliminated many many sights along the route. The on board attendant (not the driver) was apologetic but spent his time arranging follow on tours for passengers wanting other attractions. The bus was absolutely the worst tour I've ever experienced and I am contacting the company and requesting a refund. I neglected to mention the map had wrong pickup points as well for both the bus and the boats. After finally finding a boat boarding dock, we found the audio tour poor at best and once the rains set in, we completely lost all visibility when the windows fogged. I can't blame them for the weather but I'm very unsatisfied. The employees were polite but focused on making money and not customer service. If I could do it over I would have walked the streets in the rain with my tour book and angry wet wife and kids rather than waste 4 hours of my only day in Amsterdam. The fact that the vehicles actually moved and didn't break down is the only reason I didn't rate them as terrible.

3  Thank kkibby43
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We thought with all the cars and all the bikes whilst dodging the trams that we would take to the water.

We paid £55 for 2 adults and 1 child, not cheap but this was for 24 hours and we used the service not only as a tour but as transport as well.

We saw all the sights and there were 2 stops close to our hotel so getting on and off was easy.

Only one slight issue was that they don't start in the spring until 10 am so if you are an early riser then it may not be for you.

We worth doing as in 24 hours we did all the lines, the gree, the red and blue. The orange line is incorporated into all of them.

2  Thank alfromlarbert