“Excellent Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sampurna

Sampurna
Reserve with
Sampurna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #255 of 3,753 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Asian, Indonesian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Ealing
“Excellent Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

16 of us descended on this restaurant - all very hungry & thirsty - we only booked an hour before and it was late but they accommodated us. The recommendation was made by a friend who lived in Amsterdam - he spoke to the waitress & ordered a set meal which had a choice of starter & then countless mains. Beef, chicken, fish, goat, salads, rice - you name it we had it & all delicious.
One of our party was vegetarian & he got his own set of dishes.some of the food is very spicy (they did ask if we wanted spicy before we ordered & general consensus was yes).

You will find cheaper Indonesian restaurants but I doubt you'll find better. Never hurried us - even though it was late & we were the last in there. Service was good & friendly. Give it a go

• Indonesian first
London, United Kingdom
“Loved Sampurna”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

Charming small restaurant in an extremely busy area. Having lived in Malaysia for a long time, and not being able to find one good SE Asian restaurant in Europe, I went to Sampurna with very low expectations. I had travelled 3 hours by train from Köln, Germany, just to have lunch in Sampurna. And it was worth it. The sambal was very spicy, but sweet, and sour, and rich. In my opinion, the best Indonesian food I've had so far in Europe (but I am sure there are better ones I have yet to try).

I would travel to Amsterdam anytime for Sampurna!

• Visited March 2013
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Surprisingly good Indonesian considering location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

I wasn't expecting this restaurant to be good given its location right by the flower market in a tourist part of Amsterdam but it was great. The rijsttafel set menus are great value, and they don't hold back on the spices,

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Great food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

First time when I visited this place I was with large group of people, the food was good but I was not able to enjoy in it as it was too spicy for my taste.
I decided to give it a go a second time. I was with two more friends, we ordered vegetarian dish for two persons and extra sate (it was to much for us) and it was delicious!!!

Bar Harbor, Maine
“Excellent meal once again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

Ordered one of the "rice table" options for dinner with my Mom...everything was fantastic! If you've never had Indonesian rijsttafel before, it's like tapas on steroids...lots of small plates designed to share, and in varying degrees of spiciness. The staff was helpful in all aspects of the meal, and the atmosphere is inviting, whether you are seated out front near the flower market, or in the back with the soft lights.
This was my third time to Sampurna, and I will definitely be back again, should I return to Amsterdam!