“Surprisingly good Indonesian considering location”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sampurna

Sampurna
Reserve with
Sampurna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #249 of 3,767 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Asian, Indonesian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Surprisingly good Indonesian considering location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

I wasn't expecting this restaurant to be good given its location right by the flower market in a tourist part of Amsterdam but it was great. The rijsttafel set menus are great value, and they don't hold back on the spices,

• Indonesian first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Great food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

First time when I visited this place I was with large group of people, the food was good but I was not able to enjoy in it as it was too spicy for my taste.
I decided to give it a go a second time. I was with two more friends, we ordered vegetarian dish for two persons and extra sate (it was to much for us) and it was delicious!!!

Bar Harbor, Maine
“Excellent meal once again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

Ordered one of the "rice table" options for dinner with my Mom...everything was fantastic! If you've never had Indonesian rijsttafel before, it's like tapas on steroids...lots of small plates designed to share, and in varying degrees of spiciness. The staff was helpful in all aspects of the meal, and the atmosphere is inviting, whether you are seated out front near the flower market, or in the back with the soft lights.
This was my third time to Sampurna, and I will definitely be back again, should I return to Amsterdam!

Edinburgh, Scotland
“Delicious!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

We had an excellent diner here, recommended and booked through our hotel. They were completely full, so a reservation was important. The restaurant is small and low ceilinged and basically furnished, so don’t expect to be wowed by the decor, but the staff were super friendly and the food, we had Rijsttafel, was delicious. I'd go back.

Annandale, Virginia
“Outstanding Indonesian food near the Flowermarket”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

We walked in without a reservation on a Friday night around 6:30pm, and had no problem getting a table for two, although an hour later, Sampurna had a full house and was turning people away. The waitress was great at explaining good ways to try lots of different flavors as Indonesian food was new to us. We had the "most authentic Indonesian" Rijsttafel -- a dinner for two that could have fed four. Rice, along with multiple sampler appetizers, and beef, vegie, and chicken dishes, along with some "salads" to try. Really tasty food, with lots of different flavors and spice levels.