“Fabulous RobertRamon!”
Review of Hotel Cornelisz

Hotel Cornelisz
Ranked #149 of 371 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed November 27, 2013

My booking was fairly last minute, so upon arrival my room wasn't quite ready, but all effort was made to ensure I didn't have to wait long. The staff were all very friendly, welcoming and helpful. The hotels location was accessible to the city centre, museums and in a quieter part of the city. I would definitely recommend this hotel, and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank QElizabethA
There are newer reviews for Hotel Cornelisz

Reviewed November 3, 2013

it s a good hotel to sleep in while visting amsterdam. but it not hotel offering more than this, there is no pool or fitness center and big lcd tv s in rooms, but price is cheap. yes the rooms are small but this is the dutch standards. there are floods in bathrooms but no big drama.
the price is cheap, the location is best, the staff is friendly. it s the best so far in amsterdam and will contonue to stay here in my next visits.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I got a tiny room without a cupboard. After complaining, I was introduced to am opening below the roof which supposed be where you can put your belongings...

The worse part was when I used the bathroom - the drainage did not work. A maintenance person came, looked at it, and said that nothing he can do since the inclines are wrong. This means it was not a failure in my particular room - it it ongoing design issue.

I asked to change a room, even for a surcharge, but was told that the hotel is fully book. The good side is that I received a squeegee (why wasn't it there as standard?) and extra towels.

Room Tip: My colleagues got rooms on 3rd floor, which were way better than mine on 5th floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Broshi
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Excellent location near Van Gogh museum and Rijksmuseum, with the canal bus stop (hop on and off service) just a few minutes away. Bus from the airport also stops very close to the hotel (so I didnt have to take the train and then make a transfer).

Staff was friendly and the room was clean. The map I got from the hotel was better than the one I got from the airport. Amsterdam hotels tend to be pricy, so this is pretty good value for money (esp with discounts from travel booking engines). This hotel makes for a great place to use as a base to tour the city.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Carol S
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I am a reluctant reviewer of the hotel because the staff was incredibly gracious and helpful. And the location was very close to everything we wanted to see including the Rijks Museum. The weekend we were there there was a big conference in Amsterdam. We paid an outrageous sum for what amounted to a large closet. The front desk person actually apologized for the rate we were being charged when we checked in! The bathroom had a floor drain and an open shower, so the room became the shower when in use. We had a larger bath in our cabin on board ship during a cruise subsequent to our stay there. The double bed was jammed against the wall, which meant one of us had to disturb the other one if we got up during the night.
I cannot recommend the hotel, in spite of the lovely staff.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MAE80
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stayed here with mum for 1 night in June. I was scared after the bad reviews but we were very happy with everything, Staff very polite and helpful. Maybe just lucky to get a good room. Rooms not big but why do you need big room for only sleeping. The bed was so comfortable didn't want to wake up in the morning. The bathroom needs updating but again we didn't stay in the room as we came to see Amsterdam and not to stay in the room. Flat screen TV on the wall. Few English channels. Would recommend for a short stay to anyone as we were happy there. Didn't get breakfast as too expensive I think when full of restaurants much cheaper nearby. Trams, buses 2 minutes walk.
Would go back again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lindaHarrow_london
Reviewed September 16, 2013

2 booked a doubel room nr 514
and visit amsterdam, we had no time to look for an other hotel
the room was 3.00 x 2.50 m with a doubelbed
we payed € 200,- for 1 night
a great disapointed voor us
the room was ferry noisy

Room Tip: dont take room 514
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple