“Great ambience, fresh seafood” 4 of 5 stars

Lucius Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #121 of 3,335 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Dutch, Seafood, European, Soups, Gluten Free
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Centrum
Description: Lucius Seafood restaurant serves seven days a week, a variety of North Sea fish , shellfish and culinary delights in a traditional Amsterdam setting. The kitchen is open from 17:00 and stays open until midnight. For a festive start to a night out for example, with champagne and oysters, or a late dinner.
Singapore, Singapore
“Great ambience, fresh seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

We ordered the platter which comprise of oysters, whole lobster, crab claws, prawns, mussels, cockles and other shellfish. Huge for two. Very fresh and sweet. The other part that I love is their warm bread and delicious butter. For most restaurants, the bread tend to be hard and cold so it was a pleasant surprise to get warm bread with nice butter.

It has great ambience and is abuzz with activity. The service was excellent. My only regret is that I had no stomach space to try their mains. :)

1 Thank Lingling35100

• Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stein AR, Switzerland
“Terrific Fish and Ambience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

We ate here on March 28, 2014. The look of the restaurant is no frills and old fashioned. I loved the simple wood wainscoting and white and blue tiles. You immediately get the message that this is a serious place where the food is the protagonist. The waiters were very friendly and helpful and the service was impeccable. I had a salmon tartare for my first, followed by Baby Dover Sole. My husband wanted something totally Dutch and so let the waitress choose! He had raw herring with Dutch gin for his appetizer and a fantastic fish (perhaps Halibut) dish. The main course was accompanied by French fries, roast potatoes, and a scrumptious salad composed of greens and cole slaw. We drank a delicious Sancerre with the meal. For dessert he had a work of art composed of sorbet and various other things and I had an over-the-top chocolate mousse concoction! We paid about 70 Euros a person, which was very reasonable for what we had. We will definitely go back the next time we are in Amsterdam!

• Visited March 2014
italia
“informal ambience , fantastic fish!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

I ve been more then once in this fantastic place.
I tried to change my choise, but i can t avoid to eat the best sole in Holland.
Nice and informal restaurant, kind and quick service (that 's, sorry to say, something u can't find very often in Netherlands) .

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars
Carlton, England, United Kingdom
“Looking for fish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

A good selection on the menu with some daily specials. Excellent service, the restaurant was busy but no suggestion of being rushed to release the table. We had mussels and shrimps for starters with dorade and catch of the day, all beautifully presented.

Visited March 2014
Vedano al Lambro, Italy
“There are better places for seafood....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

We dined in a team of 5 within colleagues during a biz trip last week in Amsterdam.
The place is nice, quite crowded actually.
We decided to go for a Lucius plate for 5, consisting of a big variety of lobster, shrimps, giant shrimps, calms, mussels, crabs.
We had to ask to change the crab since it was completely frozen, the clams and shells were ok but nothing special, while the lobster was very good.
I was very disappointed when I saw in the bill that we were charged 2x55€ for 2 Lucius plates (this is ok) and 62.5€ for a separate plate. Why charging the single plate price once we ordered 5?
Besides this I was very sick two days after the dinner but I am not completely sure if it is their fault, although I have some bad feelings.

One additional remark : for the price they charge you they could give you some towels to clean yourself better!
I will not come again in this place anyway

• Visited March 2014