“They really are fish experts, not just saying it”

Lucius Seafood Restaurant
Reserve with
Lucius Seafood Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #149 of 4,003 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: European, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centrum
Description: Lucius Seafood restaurant serves seven days a week, a variety of North Sea fish , shellfish and culinary delights in a traditional Amsterdam setting. The kitchen is open from 17:00 and stays open until midnight. For a festive start to a night out for example, with champagne and oysters, or a late dinner.
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I have eaten here before and came back, even though there are hundreds of others. Many restaurants claim to be seafood experts but this one really is. The menu is not huge but it is adequate. I had baby soles which were cooked perfectly. The wine list is also limited---I had Picpoul at a reasonable 20 euros. Service good and there is generally a good, though quiet, and maybe even slightly supressed atmosphere about the place. I suppose it changes from day to day.

There are newer reviews for Lucius Seafood Restaurant

Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

I came with my husband on the 15th December 2013!

We had the fixed price menu and it was excellent value for money at 39 Euro each for 3 courses!

My husband had the King Prawn cake with poached egg, the Pike and then the toffee and nut cake all which he said were delicious and I had the Mackerel, the mixed seafood and the cheese and could not fault it!!

Lovely restaurant with great staff who even moved us to a preferred seat beside the massive fish tank as we were there early!!

All in all a lovely experience at an excellent value of £85 for 3 courses and a bottle of really nice wine!!

If you like seafood then I would highly recommend!!

Reviewed December 16, 2013

This restaurant was cosy, friendly, and had excellent food. I had a non-traditional Bouride and it was excellent.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

We were here with a big group of people because we all were craving good seafood and fresh fish. This place was recommended to us by the concierge at the Andaz hotel and it turned out to be amazing. The entrance seems to be somewhat deceiving, yet the restaurant inside is buzzy, hip and full of amazing smells! Really great! Good choice of food, nice Prosecco - overall a definite must, and in such a central location! Do make a reservation ahead, because they are very popular!

Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

We keep going back to this place. We try to eat here once every time we go to Amsterdam. We usually have the oysters for starters and moules (if in season) and prawns for main. This time we also tried the steak and crab combination which was very nice. They have great deserts, worth trying. Service is professional but not very friendly. The waiters almost never change and they do their job well. Try to get a table by the aquarium - it is very nice to watch the fish between courses. You should reserve a table, it can get quite crowded.