“Not so much a moo-seum nor a shop”
Review of Cow Museum

Cow Museum
Ranked #217 of 603 things to do in Amsterdam
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: IMPORTANT, for 12 years we succeed to draw smile on more than million face who did pass by or stop by almost (95%) of our pieces are hand made-painted, we have 800 pieces third of them are Cow Parade (the world largest public art event,huge painted cows auctioned for charity),proud to be the only place in the world who have the entire collection, the other two third are 20-30 years old pieces and collected from all over the world (not for sale) we are the only place with all this, if you know another place who deserve our name we are glad to give it we have some exclusive limited edition pieces that's why we reached 12 (PLEASE DON'T TOUCH)signs, sadly people still do it daily and broke a few amazing beautiful pieces, we don't show information about cows life '(anatomy,history) the net full of them and some people may find them boring, our returning policy is GREAT (180DAYS) we love that you visit us (no entry fee),all what we ask you to respect our rules (no touch or photos) Thanks
Reviewed September 15, 2018

My wife for some reason became interested in buying a cow from the Netherlands this last holiday. So we decided that a visit to the Cow Museum would be a good idea, and as it opened at 11am, would leave us plenty of time to visit other places. We arrived around 11:30 in the morning and discovered that it was closed.

We had to wait for 2 hours, before it opened, which given it was lunchtime, was a good excuse to find a restaurant close by.

Entering the moo-seum, it quickly becomes clear that this is an interesting hybrid of moo-seum and shop. Overall the shop has a good variety of cows, although they're not all clearly marked as to what is for sale and what isn't. And their prices when they became known, moo-ved us in the direction of the exit.

Date of experience: July 2018
cow m, Owner at Cow Museum, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2018

Hello Mr Martin,
thank you for your visit,we open at 12 not at 11 (our opening hours on google)
is not very clear for me where did you wait this two hours (front of our place or at the restaurant)
because it's impossible to see if we are open from any restaurant (no any restaurant have view on our place)
my mobile number is on this page (because i am the only stuff and we open 7 days)
our pieces are not cheap because they are all handmade-painted

All reviews
in 9 reviews
"purchase"
"collection"

Reviewed August 17, 2018

I walked by the Cow Museum (which is not actually a museum) at least 10 times and it was only ever open once. When I did go in, the man working there was rude and unable to answer any questions.

Date of experience: August 2018
cow m, Owner at Cow Museum, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2018

Allow me to tell you this story, a few weeks ago a couple came in, i was busy for almost 30 minut showing the friendly lady the cows and explaining to her which are the best 10 models from the 70 models (large) and showing the original one on the 4 tv screen that we have, the husband didn't look happy and did't look at me once in this 30 minut and suddenly he hold his phone and shows me that my prices are not the cheapest, i looked at him in calm way with smile and told him if you did ask me, i was going to tell you that it''s not and i was going to save your time and your effort searching, he start look even less happy and told me in firm tough way (what discount you going to give us?) i answered the same price what i told you,
he left not happy without even telling me goodbye, do i care that he didn't buy big cow (No not really) do i give discount (yes to every customer who ask for it), why i didn't give it to this guy than? because he want to make me do it under the pressure (that i am cheater other ways the deal don't go on) so it wouldn't surprise me if i see bad comment from him, do i care? (NO) because principle for me comes first (before money or bread), am i rude? no i never said something bad to any one, i am friendly if you are friendly with me (i can chat with you for 30 min even that i know that you are not buying anything)
do i smile to you if you don't? (no i don't) do i answer question? yes and every one of them
about the 10 time you walked by,i am not going to say much (if you said 8 maybe i was going to)
my number is on this page and our response rate on Facebook is 100% (less than one hour) but i just wonder (how you know we are closed if you didn't try to come in and you just walked by!?) i work 7 days in the week (we are open every day)
in 12 years i did draw smile - joy - happiness on more than million face

Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

A beautiful display of cow parade colletables, some rare pieces and many you can buy, all shapes and colors. A must for cow lovers and all others, a special store/museum, very welcoming and pleasant owner with a passion for his field. I would definately recommend. Got a great cow!

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed June 22, 2018

This is not a museum, just a store that specializes in cow knick-knacks. So if you like to decorate your home in cows, this is the place for you. Very cute.

Date of experience: June 2018