All reviewsamstel stationa la carte breakfastgreat hotellobby restaurantcity centregreat designpremium roomstylish hotelresidential areatransport linkscorner roombreakfast was deliciousquiet locationrooms are largeminute walkcoffee machinea wonderful stay
Reviewed November 9, 2017 via mobile

What a lovely Hotel. From the outside it looks like a normal place until you walk into the door. AmaZing Decor, friendly helpful staff and amazing rooms. A must visit if you are this side of Amsterdam.

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed November 5, 2017

We were here 3 nights. Loved the hotel, great style, warm and friendly staff, yummy breakfast and great attention to detail. Very easy to get to the center and others neighborhoods by train. So nice to come to a lovely quiet neighborhood after a full day in the buzzing vibrant city of Amsterdam. Thank you for a lovely stay, we will be back!

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IrlBraUsa
Reviewed October 26, 2017

This is an office/industrial building converted into a hotel. Done very well, it is in a rather trendy and quirky style which will not suit everybody. Best to look the pictures to see what you think! Our room was large and light, with a well appointed shower room. The room had everything we needed including a nice selection of books! Situated in a quiet part of the city, about 5 minutes walk from the metro station and buses into the centre. Uniquely, breakfast is hot, and cooked to order. Everything we had from the menu was delicious - eggs benedict etc..!! The staff in this hotel are particularly warm and welcoming and go out of their way to help and advise. We also ate in the restaurant, where the food was excellent. You need to book in advance for the restaurant as it is very popular. Overall a very enjoyable stay, and we would stay here again. Reasonable priced room too!

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank timdaw
Reviewed October 25, 2017

We stayed here as part of my suprise birthday weekend away in february 17 and fell a little bit in love with the brand. Positioned a little out of the centre, but worth the train ride for this uber chic hotel where every detail has been well thought out both in the oublic areas and in out room.

As we opened the door to our room we were met by a daylight that flooded in from the fully glazed wall looking out onto the river. The light bounced off the perfect stark white walls, dark wooden floor and polished concrete ceiling of this industrial style room which was softened with hints of gold in the lights, shelving and tables. The hospital style bed (albeit kingsize) kept with the industrial theme, however the rest of the furniture softened the room –  a curved wicker chair, bottle green buttoned sofa and heavy thick green felt curtains. Every detail was perfect, giving you that enviable ‘I wish this was my house’ feeling. Talking of feeling at home, they had even thought about my home comforts – a complimentary birthday bottle of Prosecco on ice and a Nespresso machine. They hadn’t however, taken into account my love for a cup of teawith no teabags in the room.

The rest of the hotel didn’t disappoint either; The vast dining room, lit constantly by candles night and day, was large but strangely cosy with full golden wood panelled wall, vintage teak g-plan sideboards and a mixture of green, grey and chartreuse chairs. Moreover, wherever you sat in the restaurant, you were assured a view of the calm open kitchen and the bar beyond it.

Often in hotels I get the ‘it was lovely but….’ feeling.  Not here! Every part of the hotel complimented the design of the room before and so if you’re thinking about a trip to Amsterdam and need a hotel recommendation, be sure to check this place out – especially if you’re a fan of beautiful interiors.

Room Tip: The station is a short walk, but the bus stops just outside so makes it easy to access
  • Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jack M
Reviewed October 18, 2017

Dear Hotel V Fizeaustraat.

I really fell for you big time. I've told all my friends and family about you and am counting the days till I can see you again.

Love your style - that Seventies vibe is just so cool and laid back.

And boy do you serve up some great grub - believe the hype, people.

Your friends who work with you at reception and in the bar/restaurant are absolutely great, really friendly, knowledgeable and efficient.

Just one thing - could you perhaps improve cleaning and cleanliness? The room was never ready before 3 pm. One day the bathroom bin hadn't been emptied and the room needed a more thorough dusting/hoovering. Just saying.

Thanks for the coffee machine, robe and slippers (and book of fairy tales) in my standard category room. That was really thoughtful.

As I said, I'm counting the days ........

A. V. satisfied customer

p.s. Word to the wise - let sleeping cats lie.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business