All reviewsamstel stationa la carte breakfastgreat hotellobby restaurantmetro traincity centregreat designpremium roomresidential areacorner roomstylish hoteltransport linksbreakfast was deliciousquiet locationrooms are largeminute walknespresso machine
Reviewed October 15, 2017

Spacious and beautiful hotel, and we stayed in a very comfortable and well designed room. They also have quite a good restaurant onsite. Even though it's not in central Amsterdam, it is very well served of transport links and you'll get there quick enough. The a la carte breakfast was all right (choice was a bit limited), and we woke up on one of the nights with noise outside due to the recycling point in front of the room. But on overall, a very nice experience and I'd be happy to return.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

Great hotel! Can't fault it at all; friendly staff who were helpful, clean rooms which were well decorated, breakfast was amazing and good links to both tram and metro! Would definitely recommend staying here.

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed October 14, 2017

Last December 2016, my family and I went for a 9 days holiday at Amsterdam. This was our first trip to the Netherlands. Searching for good and reliable hotel was not easy. Discovering Hotel V Fizeaustraat before their official opening. There's not much info about the ratings and reviews of the Hotel. I was very much attracted by the Hotel decor. As for the location and services of the Hotel was still unknown. I supposed we are the family that stayed the longest during that time of the newly opened Hotel. After 8 nights of experienced with the hotel services, Breakfast, rooms and conveniences of public transport, these are my reviews:
Services : 5 stars
Breakfast : 6 stars and above
Room : 4 stars (Rooms are nice, but housekeeping need to do more on cleaning the dust under the bed)
Location : 5 stars (Nice and quiet neighbourhood)
Transportation : Very Convenient (Bus, Train, Walking to Station less than 10 mins)
Why is this a late review, that's because I know I made a wise choice to stay at Hotel V Fizeaustraat as they are now ranking top 10 position at tripadviser. Congrats to the staff!

Room Tip: Connecting Rooms provided to Families.
  • Stayed: December 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank KOHLAND
Reviewed October 11, 2017

I have only given one hotel the full five on Tripadvisor and I nearly did for this one, unfortunately a couple of kinks in the breakfast service meant I could not. The hotel itself is luxurious and chic. We had a large comfortable bed in a very cosy room on the second floor. Our room featured an movie package on the TV which had many recent releases, this was a nice touch as it meant you could relax on a night after the long walk back to the hotel from the city centre. Although the hotel is far out it's only a 5 - 10 minute walk to Amstel station or a 50 minute walk along the canal.

The primary thing that let this hotel down would be the breakfast service, first of all let me just say that the food is to a very high standard in 'The Lobby' with the dinner service itself being exceptional, this unfortunately is in contrast to the morning service. We were repeatedly served the wrong order or the second order failed to turn up, on one occasion my partner was served a dish with berries on to which she is allergic to. Also the manners of the staff on the morning left much to be desired, at one point I asked what type of tea was available only to be met with the shrug of the shoulders and a wave of arms, this isn't what I expect from a hotel with such a reputation. The hotel should maybe consider stating what teas are available on their menu. Overall though the food is pretty great here and the waiters that served us at dinner were fantastic and I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a metro pass or download Uber as you will need it.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is an excellent option for a modern and peaceful holiday. It is minutes away from the city centre and easily accessible through public transport by 5 mins walk. Their breakfast were fantastic.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple