“Best place we have ever stayed!”

Parkzijde Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #24 of 338 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Parkzijde was the best place we have stayed in our trips! Everything was carefully and delicately prepared for us by Martijne and Bernard, two great hosts. Of course one of the highlights of the stay were the breakfasts in the room that were actually more like brunches. Everything was very clean and confortable. The house is localized in a pleasant street, near Oosterpark, very close to tram stops and in a walkable distance to the center of the city. If it was possible I would rate this place with 6 stars.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 24, 2013

They have only two rooms, beautifully appointed, and they serve a lovely morning breakfast big enough that you save perhaps half of it for a later meal in the day. I have now stayed there two years in a row, once in each of their rooms. The owners are very helpful indeed, and each room comes with a booklet of recommendations of things to do, restaurants to try, and the like. They are perhaps a long walk from a tram stop so it's easy to get around the city from their location. Oosterprk is across the street, a pleasant place to see nice flowers in season and watch local people biking and strolling. One room looks out on the street and I found it very pleasant and not too noisy a year back when I stayed there. The other is one floor down and looks out into the garden into which a glassed-in sitting area extends. Hardly any city noise can be heard from that room. Major groceries are just a few blocks away if you want to stock up. Microwaves are available in an area just outside the garden room. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: I'm told some have found the garden room to be TOO quiet, but I quite loved it.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This is a little bit belated review, but I'd like to just add one more positive review to this B&B - we stayed there for a couple of nights in October 2012 and had a wonderful time. The room was very clean, well appointed, the breakfast was excellent and very substantial. There are plastic bags if you want to take some of the breakfast with you for later in the day, and it was nice to have the tea and (good) coffee making facilities in the room. I would definitely stay here again, no doubt!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MarinaBC
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Thank you Martijne and Bernard for excellent service and delicious Dutch breakfasts. We stayed in the Park Room for 3 nights. The room was tastefully decorated and it was lovely to have breakfast served at our own table in the bedroom. We were a little disappointed that the windows couldn't be opened - Bernard explained that due to the room being on the ground flood and adjacent to the road, the windows had to be sealed for safety/security. The location was great; outside of the city centre but convenient for the tram and next to a beautiful park. Martijne and Bernard catered for all of our needs including early check-in and storing our luggage after we checked out on the last day.

Room Tip: Park room is lovely, large and clean, and it's cheaper than the Garden Room. See previous commen...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nej87
Reviewed July 17, 2013

The Parkzijde Bed & Breakfast was an excellent find. We looked at all the reviews and booked the Garden Room over a year ago. We spent 3 fantastic nights in beautiful Amsterdam. Martijne and Bernard made our stay very enjoyable. We arrived very early in Amsterdam and our room was not ready yet. They allowed us to leave our luggage there and gave us suggestions on where to find a good cup of coffee and breakfast. Bernard suggested other sights and places to visit until our room was ready. The "Market" was a very nice place to visit.

Our room was in the Garden Room. The pictures of the Garden Room do not do it justice. The room is very spacious, very clean and the bed was comfortable. The conservatory where we ate breakfast every day was amazing. You can open the windows and sky lights and enjoy the cool morning air while you enjoy a huge breakfast.

Breakfast each morning was enough to feed us for lunch as well. It was great having the facilities to heat some food up that we had brought back with us.

Martijne had 72 hour GVB tickets available. GVB operates the metro, tram and most of the bus network in Amsterdam. This is great deal. You get unlimited access to all CVB transits. The tram stops is walking distance from the B&B which enabled us to get into the city easily.

We are planning another trip in Nov 2014 and will be certainly returning to this B & B and looking forward visiting with Martijne and Bernard again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Eric_and_Coy
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I stayed in the Garden Room, just for 2 nights, although I wish I could have stayed longer. The room was wonderful (It was big, had everything I needed and more, and was super cozy/comfortable/gezellig), the owners were wonderful , the breakfast was wonderful, and the location was wonderful. It was all very relaxing, and I could walk all around the park or to some nice restaurants, etc. all within a few minutes, and it's just beautiful. It's also quiet in this area, so I slept very well with the windows open. (The modern air conditioning and heating options were great, but I didn't need them.)
I will definitely be staying here on every future trip to Amsterdam.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank L R
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My husband picked this for our honeymoon and I couldn't have picked a better place. It was so amazing that years later, I still get heartsick thinking how much I want to go back. (It was actually late March/early April 2008.) We stayed in the Garden Room and it was just lovely. From the daily breakfasts, to the amazing room, the outside graden accessible from our room, the owners, and the location... I wouldn't have changed a thing except a longer stay than our seven nights. I will always remember it and yearn to go back, ASAP!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple