“fantastic fantastic fantastic!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 331 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
manchester UK
“fantastic fantastic fantastic!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

We booked both rooms for our 3 night stay. The stay exceeded our expecations (which were already very high due to the positive reviews on here) and I would like to go back to the Parkzijde the next time I am lucky enough to go back to Amsterdam. Breakfast was lovely and our hosts were fabulous. Best regards to both of them.

Room Tip: get a tram card and use the tram extensively - it is a great way to travel.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mrssmiggs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

Great location, clean and comfortable room, nice people.

Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Sarah L
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights with my husband
The location was great, straight across the road from Oosterpark and we stayed in the Park room which overlooked the park.
The room had everything you needed satellite tv, dvd player, fridge, free use of laptop and own bathroom.
The bed was comfy and the road was very quiet at the front.
Martijne and Bernard were the perfect hosts, bringing extra pillows for us and ensuring we had everything we wanted.
In the room there was a whole shelf with all the tourist guides you could need and we definitely used them during our stay.
Location from the centre was just 10 mins on the tram and did I say the park across the road was just lovely
I would stay here again if in Amsterdam.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Goiânia, Brasil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

I stayed at this b&b, and I found it perfect! The bedroom is comfortable, the bed is big, the bathroom is new and clean! The breakfast is served at your room! They ask you what you like, and are very kind and polite. I didn't know Martjina and Bernard, they were travelling during my stay, but Maria treated us very well! She was very kind!

• Stayed February 2011
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

We stayed here May of 2010 (I can't select that on the drop down menu) last year in The Park Room. It was absolutely perfect. We were very close to two tram stops, which easily got us in and around the city and an easy walking distance to many different shops in this ethnically diverse neighborhood. We were also lucky enough to see a farmers market and pick up some tasty treats before the next leg of our European journey. Martijne and Bernard are such wonderful hosts. They were gracious enough to give us two train tickets to the airport, that two former guests had purchased as Eyjafjallajökull erupted. Those guests had to take a car home and sent those tickets back in hopes that someone else could use them. When my soon to be husband and I come back to Amsterdam, we will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

My husband recently spent a weekend here in the Garden room. The location is great - away from the frenzy of the city center, yet easy to get to by tram and/or bus (2-day travel cards we bought from our hostess were well used), and in a neighborhood with a variety of restaurants and shops. Accomodations felt luxurious and breakfast was delicious. Wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Keller, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

My wife and I spent our 15th anniversary in Amsterdam. We wisely chose Parkzijde for the BnB to stay at. Bernard and Martijne were very gracious. The breakfast is unbelievable! We stayed in the Park Room, and enjoyed eating the breakfast daily by the window. Bernard was very helpful with advise and information. I can not speak highly enough about the stay. Very close to all the needed trains so while it is away (and more quiet) from the city centre, everything was with 10-15min distance. I need some laundry washed. i asked Martjine how I could get it done. For a few Euros I went out for the day, and came back to it folded neatly on my bed! Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple