We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

“Great food at a reasonable price”
Review of Gartine

Gartine
Ranked #13 of 4,046 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Certificate of Excellence
Price range: $4 - $13
Cuisines: Dutch
More restaurant details
Restaurant details
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centrum
Description: Beste Tripadvisor, Ik sta met veel plezier vermeld op jullie website echter er is een probleem ! onder het kopje cuisines staan een aantal vermeldingen, dit is in ons geval: Frans,Nederlands,Internationaal,Europees,geschikt voor vegetariers,Veganistische opties, Glutenvrije opties. Echter de Veganistische opties zo ik graag willen verwijderen omdat ik hier niet veel voor kan bieden en ik krijg wel regelmatig mensen die hier op afkomen en dit geeft dan een teleur stellende reactie van mijn gasten. De rest kan en moet ook allemaal blijven staan omdat dit wel van belang is. ik heb overal gezocht naar hoe en waar ik deze ene vermelding kan verwijderen, echter tot op heden is dit mij niet gelukt. Daarom ook mijn vraag, of jullie mij hierbij zouden kunnen helpen zodat ik dit zelf kan aan passen. Heel graag zou ik hier een antwoord van u willen ontvangen. Alvast heel erg dank voor u moeite en een vriendelijke groet vanaf onze kant. Willem-jan Hendriks eigenaar van restaurant Gartine
Reviewed July 10, 2014

We found the restaurant by recommendations from friends who lived in Amsterdam. The food delicious and fresh, the wait staff were very friendly even with our tired and fussy 4 year old. It was an excellent lunch as we hid indoors from the rain.

    • Value
    • Atmosphere
    • Service
    • Food
2  Thank Kyle E
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Write a Review
Reviews (938)
Traveler rating
Traveler type
Time of year
Language
  • More languages

318 - 322 of 938 reviews

Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

After reading all the trip advisor reviews, Gartine was on my to do list when I came to Amsterdam, and I'm so very glad it was! I risked not booking, and they thankfully managed to squeeze us in. I had the pancakes with maple syrup and nuts and my partner had the French toast. We both thoroughly enjoyed it! Its definitely worth a trip, staff are really lovely, helpful and friendly too!

3  Thank HazelnutGMC93
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We stumbled across this little place completely by accident on our last day, and boy do I wish we'd found it earlier! Wonderful decor, very small however so I would recommend booking, even though we lucked out and got a table on the spot. The owners are simply lovely, so nice and made lots of time for us even though it was full! Food was incredible, easily the best breakfast I've ever had and the drinks were also amazing. Gogogo.

    • Value
    • Atmosphere
    • Service
    • Food
4  Thank Loisigp
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Reviewed June 30, 2014

My husband and I went to Gartine for breakfast when we first arrived into Amsterdam, not really knowing our bearings or where we were - what a little treasure, tucked away down a lovely little street. Inside, the decor is wonderful and there is such a nice, welcoming atmosphere. Breakfast was delicious, great coffee and really accommodating staff. All in all a lovely experience.

2  Thank Bryony M
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Such a lovely cafe tucked away in a side street. Had a beautifully made fresh breakfast on my first day in Amsterdam. Really lovely almost tea room mixed with funky cafe feel to it, a bit pokey but worth the wait for a table. If you like fresh clean food this is the place for you and reasonably priced too.

    • Value
    • Atmosphere
    • Service
    • Food
1  Thank SamAFC
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.

Travelers who viewed Gartine also viewed

Amsterdam, North Holland Province
Amsterdam, North Holland Province
 
Amsterdam, North Holland Province
Amsterdam, North Holland Province
 

Been to Gartine? Share your experiences!

Write a Review Add Photos & Videos

Owners: What's your side of the story?

Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.

Claim Your Listing