“Truly fantastic!”
Review of Zaza's

Zaza's
Reserve with
Zaza's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 4,307 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: De Pijp
Reviewed July 14, 2014

After reading a few Trip Advisor reviews we hunted down this restaurant on a side street which felt slightly off the beaten track. On a Saturday evening around 8pm there were plenty of people sat outside eating on the pavement but still a few tables free inside. I’m so glad we did choose to go in as it is truly one of the best dining experiences I have had!

The dim lighting and very tasteful decor gives a wonderful intimate and stylish experience. The restaurant isn’t massive, with around eight to ten tables in a row from the front door to the bar at the back. The tables are comfortably large however and we were never struggling for space.

There were two waitresses working that evening and they were both wonderful - from the moment we walked through the door they were highly attentive, very friendly, knowledgeable, fluent in both Dutch and English and made us feel totally at ease. Certainly how staff should be at any restaurant!

The wine list isn’t overly long, and unfortunately only a couple of reds were available by the glass, similar for the whites. I chose a couple of glasses of red which were reasonably priced and actually very pleasant. Water is served from large glass bottles and I feel I should comment on the glassware - perfectly clean and really nice contemporary designs which add to the stylish experience.

Soon after our drinks had been brought we were treated to two goats cheese tasters; full of flavours and a great way to get our taste buds excited! Some complimentary bread with a garlic and black olive dip was also brought before the mains. This bread was so delicious, both warm and soft, I wanted to swap my main for more!

Food arrived quickly, beautifully presented, hot, and every item tasted amazing. We had starters of beef carpaccio and the half portion of carrot and ginger soup. Both were delicious but the soup kicked off the meal in great style being a jelly in a glass, melted by pouring over the hot liquid. Presenting food in such a way, again, made the whole experience stand out as a really special occasion. The mains of guinea fowl and the rib eye steak were decently sized and arranged with perfection, and even our deserts of chocolate parfait and panna cotta tasted fresh and home made rather than anything frozen. I’m not usually a desert eater, but accompanied with a glass of the muscat & flora desert wine it was truly satisfying.

To top it all the prices were very reasonable - a three course meal for two, a couple of glasses of wine, glass of desert wine, two bottles of water, along with the complimentary taster and bread gave us an amazing couple of hours and came to €100.

The food menu isn’t massive, so it might be worthwhile checking the menu on their website before visiting, but if anything does stand out then I would highly recommend Zaza’s. The staff, atmosphere and amazing food ticks all the boxes you could wish for and if I am ever in Amsterdam again I will definitely be visiting again!

1  Thank stevebintley
Write a ReviewReviews (1,519)

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Fancy food, plates look amazing, taste good as well. Not to expensive. Staff is good, they said they would take a picture as well but that did not happen. They did gave us wine glasses with hearts on them because it was a special occasion. The wine was nice. There were 2 big groups who were a bit loud but that did not bother us to much. We would go back!

Reviewed July 10, 2014

We have been for dinner tonight. Tuna tempura delicious, and also the lamb and prawns. The lemon cake with a glass of and Australian dessert wine was the perfect end for a perfect night.

1  Thank Tiopepedecosta
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

A visit with my father, brother and friends for his birthday. After visiting last year with my wife I was full of praise for the restaurant to our group and Zazas didn't disappoint.
Presentation of the food is superb, the staff are great and the balance of flavours is perfect.
Had a great time again, many thanks :)

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Second time here and had a great time again. Food was great, the staff were great and they always seem willing to do that little bit extra to make it an extra special experience.
Highly recommended.