“Wonderful food. A bit out of the centre, but well worth the walk.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Zaza's

Zaza's
Reserve with
Zaza's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 3,767 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: De Pijp
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Wonderful food. A bit out of the centre, but well worth the walk.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

Great food. Decent wine at a sensible price. Good service. Had a lovely evening there. Everything we ordered was lovely.

Best book in advance though. Some very agreeable bars in the road outside too.

• Visited August 2013

• Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
uk
“excellent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

The only downside to this restaurant is the tables are to close together, but the food is top notch service good

• Visited September 2013
San Francisco
“Wonderful restaurant in Amsterdam”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

We went here for our third night in Amsterdam. We had found the meals the other two nights quite satisfactory, but I was hopeful this wild be better based on the reviews in Trip Advisor. We were quite pleased with the experience. We started off with champagne and asked for some frites with it. The frites were wonderful, crispy with a soft center. We had the tuna tempura to start which was well executed. The ravioli was home made and quite good. We had 2 different seafood entrees and both were top notch. The service was incredible. There was a rowdy table and the staff and manager kept asking them to quiet down. When it became apparent that they could not stay quiet the manager moved them to outside seating, so they would not disturb the other patrons. The bread pudding dessert was wonderful as mentioned before. We would definitely go there again.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank jjgibb
Zug, Switzerland
“Another good place in Amsterdam...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

We had a dinner in this restorant. It's not easy to take a sit in this place on the spot. Depense on the date. We tried ones and get table only next day bat when came there it was half-empty restorant. But anyway... Place is good. Very polaite service. Girls was apologaising all the night for some laud naibores at another table, than offer to us another one. Very kind and very polite. Definetelly they are making an atmospher of this place..
Drinks: too short vine list in my tast. I took Shablie. Not bad, but.. Really there is should be ground for improvement.
Food: short meny but very smart. Starters - you got a lat of pictures and I have just followed the universal choice - Tuna tempura and Scalops.. actually I've got both, two starters. and than .... You have fish, shrimps, lamb and stake at your choce. Seriously - you dont need anything alse. But when you get it you would really apraise the qulity and innovaitiness of the Master. That is really multy-taste. I've gotten King shrimps risotto. Delitful... Tasty.. With pesto and many other flavors you kant deny. Highly recomend.
Desert - the best one is pannacota. You should fake it with recomended swite vine (just+€2,5). I've gotten Cherry. It was a bust of mind... Wite-chocolate pannacota with cherry taste..
Give me a breake..
Owerall - very good impretion and they made my evening.
Price is reasonable and the same in Amstardam: starters -€10-12, mainco - €20-24, vine - €20-40
Go there, don't be regret...

• Visited September 2013
Michigan
“Can't understand why this is ranked so high”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I go to trip adviser for hotels, restaurants, suggestions on what to see when traveling etc. so when I saw Zaza's I went ahead and made reservations before leaving the US for Amsterdam. When we got there at 6:30 we were the only ones in the restaurant. Initially we had asked to sit outside but we saw the half a dozen tables were on the sidewalk almost touching the parked cars and this was certainly not appealing. So we sat inside and within 30 min two other couples arrived also a little surprised there were not more people. They all commented they saw it on trip adviser. My husband and I thought if locals are not choosing to eat there maybe this wasn't the best pick. We stayed and had appetizer of hummus and goat cheese with bread that was smooth and tasty, then I had a rib eye that was tough and fatty, and my husband had a fish of some kind that he said was OK but nothing to write home about. The wine was good and I can say not unreasonably priced. We would not return and given that we only had 3 evenings in Amsterdam wished someone had given us the real scoop on the food here. Total dinner was over $100 and totally not worth it.

• Visited August 2013