“Absolutely fabulous sweetie”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Zaza's

Zaza's
Reserve with
Zaza's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 3,753 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: De Pijp
“Absolutely fabulous sweetie”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend found this restaurant online as a suggestion for our holdiay. I then booked it on account of its ethos being inspired by one of my fave shows, Absolutely Fabulous and a menu to back it up. We got a bit lost on our way there but our late arrival was no issue (after a courtesy phone call of course). The food was superb. A confident kitchen and floor staff not afraid to advise on ingredients and how they suggest you taste the dish! Our waitress (tall,slim and blonde) was spot on. It was fairly quiet but it was nice to see her not stood around looking for things to do. Wine was topped up, glasses were cleared and she was engaging. I only hope one day Jennifer and Joanna visit!

• Visited June 2013

• Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Shanghai, China
“Zara's is very kind to Chinese and the food is awsome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

I'm very surprised when I saw VaKwiththemizz's comments and I believe that must be some misunderstanding. I'm from Shanghai China and I can prove Chinese are welcome in Zara's Restaurant.
我认为Zaza's 对任何人都是友好的包括中国人。而且这里的食物超赞!

I visited Zara's once and I was impressed by the food and service so I decided to arrange a surprise for my friend(she is Chinese too) when she was visiting Amsterdam in March. I communicated with Susie the manager of restaurant via emails because I was not able to visit Amsterdam with my friend. Susie and her colleagues made a great arrangement beyond my expectation for my friend's birthday celebration. There were the balloons and flowers and awsome food. All the employees of Zara's came to say happy birthday to my friend. They gave a girl and her friend a wonderful night!

I wouldn't deny that I'm a big fan of Zara's and I will recommend Zara's to my friends in China to have a nice meal here when they visit Amsterdam.

Zara's is not some kind of luxurious restaurant but it's more like the home to the guest.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank NickChen
Santa Clarita, California
“#7 Restaurant in all of Amsterdam? Really?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

I did my Tripadvisor research on Amsterdam restaurants before going and I was really looking forward to eating here based on the reviews and the high rating. I'm really not sure how this restaurant ranks so high on Tripadvisor? It's decent, but it doesn't compute that is it currently ranked #7 out of 1,982 restaurants in Amsterdam! Our hotel staff hadn't even heard of the restaurant.

If the high rating is based on atmosphere, I don't get it as Zaza's is a small restaurant really short on atmosphere with a banquette running the length of the wall with chairs opposite nondescript tables with a few tables by the window; basically underwhelming. Our hotel made reservations a few weeks in advance, yet were given an odd table near the kitchen tucked between the bar and a closet. A closet in which staff constantly need to access while you are dining. Not #7 worthy!

If the high rating is based on food; again I don't get it. The food was good but it wasn't anything memorable. One would think a #7 restaurant would leave you saying "OMG that dish was crazy amazing. I can't wait to have that again!" I honestly can't even remember what I had and I do not have Alzheimer! The food was just that unremarkable.

I must say that the service was good. I think our server was the owner and she is super friendly and I really hate to be so critical of the atmosphere and food, but I expect a #7 restaurant to be "the whole package!" OMG worthy food and a wonderful atmosphere, not just good service!

I guess my real irritation is with Tripadvisor. I looked at older reviews (guess I should have researched better prior to my trip!) and apparently Zaza's at one time was #1! Many people had the same opinion about the food, it's was just ok and they didn't get the #1 rating. How can Tripadvisor rate a restaurant so high when the food is just ok and there is such a lack of atmosphere?

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Lisatini1013
San Francisco, California
“great anniversary dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband and I ate here for our anniversary! We were a bit late ( 15 minutes) but they still seated us. They had gluten free bread for me which was nice as I have an allergy. I started with the seared scallops ( verygood) and had lamb which was nice but tiny bit chewy ( unfortunately several of the main menu items had gluten that night) My husband had guinea fowl and loved it and had seared duck liver for starter which he also loved.
They were very very busy and forgot my husbands oysters ( to come in the middle) but we were too full anyway.
We shared a desert of ginger.
Overall very nice night

Visited June 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic, please book it if you are in Amsterdam”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Went here based on the Tripadvisor reviews, the food and service was amazing, will definitely return!!

• Visited June 2013