“Anniversary Dinner”
Review of Zaza's

Zaza's
Reserve with
Zaza's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 4,143 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: De Pijp
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My boyfriend and I went to ZAZA'S during our stay in Amsterdam a few weeks ago. It was our anniversary dinner so we looked for some where quite special to go. We booked our table a bit in advance and requested the nice table for 2 in the back corner where you can sit beside each other.

Our table was all ready, and from start to finish the staff were so friendly and attentive. Definitely the friendliest service we had in Amsterdam. The food was something else. We both had scallops to start which were really delicious and then I had the ravioli and my partner had the steak. We both thoroughly enjoyed our meal. We were looking for quite a long leisurely dinner and the food had just the right amount of time between courses.

Amazing cocktails after dinner. You must try the scorppino! And we got a lovely free photograph taken of us and printed out so we would remember our special night. If in Amsterdam again will be back here in a minute.

Bit of a walk out from the centre but easy if you get a tram. Lovely neighbourhood. We walked back to the hotel and stopped off for drinks in the neighbourhood bars on the way home. Really lovely night.

1  Thank saadem
Write a ReviewReviews (1,430)

Reviewed December 30, 2012

My boyfriend took me here as a surprise for my birthday on 1st December 2012. I couldn't have hoped to have been taken to a better place! It was phenomenal! The food was some of the best I've ever tasted. I had oysters to start and they were delicious, as fresh as they could be followed by steak. And being a massive steak fan I have to say that this was in the top three steaks I've ever eaten. It's in a fabulous location, away from the tourist traps and surrounded by some cool bars and I've recommended this restaurant to my friends who are soon to travel to Amsterdam. I'd say that this was without doubt one of the highlights of my weekend here. Thank you Susie and your staff for a beautiful and memorable evening!!!

1  Thank itsmissfitz
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We booked this restaurant for my partners 30th birthday on 24th December 2012, having read some good reviews here on trip advisor.
I contacted the restaurant to advise them about the special occasion and upon arrival our table was decorated with balloons and ribbons, nice touch. The restaurant is in a lovely part of town and has a very nice feel inside. The staff were attentive and we were all served with a delicious appetiser on the house. We ordered the steak, the venison, the sea wolf and ravioli.
All were served promptly and were delicious, the only complaint was that a few more pieces of ravioli needed to be served as I only have 4 or 5 pieces, and for €17.50 this was not great, such a shame as was delicious! Appart from this the meal was excellent.
We all had deserts and my partners came with a rather impressive firework on it for her birthday that was a nice surprise, accompanied by 'happy Birthday to you' in Dutch playing through the speakers. Also the waiter took a picture of this and presented us with a photograph free of charge within minutes, this was a really nice touch.

The deserts were exquisite and delicious, and I especially enjoyed the Baileys cheese cake.

Overall our experience was excellent and I would definitely recommend this restaurant for a special occasion it was top class.

1  Thank MikeFaulkner76
Reviewed December 28, 2012

As a lead member of a work party of 20 people on our Xmas meal I was nervous about the restaurants ability to cater for such a large number. Within our group we had some fine dining gourmet experts to burger and chips merchants, well they managed to cater for all of our tastes and exceeded everyone's expectations with both the quality and presentation of the food and everyone left happy and their belles full.

1  Thank BenhamParty
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Had a gorgeous meal here with friends. We pre-booked a month before we came as it is always busy. We had an excellent meal and the staff were lovely to. Highly enjoyable.

1  Thank Soprano30