“noo satisfactory service”

da portare VIA Frans Halsstraat
Reserve with
Save up to 50% when you reserve online *
da portare VIA Frans Halsstraat is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #929 of 4,046 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: De Pijp
Description: Our wood-fired ovens look nice but are certainly not for decoration. We make pizzas such as the Roman pizza should to be. The thin soil and the intense heat from the fire leave any taste in the recipe full justice to.
Reviewed June 15, 2013

overprice yes (it's the centrum) and wood oven, it's expected
we had a "sofia"it was ok, tasty
also we had "tartufi con coppa di parma" but the black truffels was nowhere to be found. when we asked about it they said it was "in the sauce". well in the sauce could be anything but it didn't look or taste anything like truffels, so it's a fake product and it still gives the name to the pizza.
the stuff welcoming was not warm and we didnt get a receipt, we had to ask for it.
the italian beer is good and the pizzas were hot and super fast made. we live around but we're not coming back :\

Reviewed May 23, 2013

A good pizza place is always needed if your visiting a new city. Is the sure food you pretty much can't go wrong with and after some online research I found this little pizza-place that revealed amazing. An authentic Italian to make you pizza, a wood-fired oven to cook them, some different drinks directly from Italy and homemade desserts.
The service doesn't really exist. You arrive, choose a table and then go to the cooker to order. While you wait enjoy the Italian food posters on the walls or just pretend you are Italy (not hard when you see the white and red table cloths)
The food was really really good. Thin and crispy base and nice, fresh ingredients on top.
But the best was seeing true Italians coming in for a pizza. For me that's a quality sign!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

As THE name of THE 'restaurant' says..: to take out!! I rather Call it a take away shop as a restaurant Though there are a few tables. THE taste of THE pizza's were real good, but THE menu is very limited. I wanted a lassical 'prosciutto e funghi' (ham & mushrooms, but I was told not to have mushrooms...?!? Anyway, I took another One and that was a great choice, THE One with Parma ham and parmigiano cheese...! As I said: very good of taste. We also had a Margarita, Bianco, Tonno and One with peper salami. All THE pizza's were very good and made with good ingredients. We also had tiramsu and chocolate mousse, all good. We were also very surprised that they have some different bottles of San Pellegrino... Not easy to find that abroad..!
If you just want to eat something: this Eatery is mer than ok, simple but very clean. If you are looking for a more cosy or trendy establishment... Forget Da Portre Via!! But we would easily come back, if we only want to eat a pizza...
You need to order and pay at THE counter, but THE food were served out on THE table... So not THE Same concept as a regular fat food outlet!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We went there yesterday to have lunch, and it was just so good.
The pizza is made just in front of you, ingredients are fresh, the taste is really good, the place is clean. All I can say is: go there! And take the pizza with truffles (13 euros)
Chocolate mousse is also perfect (only 4 euros)
I recommend this place if you want a quite place to eat a very good pizza.
Price is about 10 to 13 euros.
Enjoy!!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

On a recent frigid evening in Amsterdam, I craved a good hot Pizza made with care and crust that wasn't made from the rubber soles of tourists past. You see, I'm a pizza snob. Anyway, I was quite pleased to see that Da Portare Via not only had the requisite wood burning oven, but that the two young pizza chefs took care to make sure that the pizza was done right. The pizzas were thin and crispy with the right amount of toppings. The place is bare bones, and the food comes quickly, and courteously. Don't expect pasta, meat dishes or salads. Just great pizza. I didn't check out the wine, but i hear that they have it. PV is a great neighborhood quick hit of PIzza in the "Pijp" district of Amsterdam, easy to reach by the tram and reasonably priced.