“Peruvian food in Amsterdam” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mashua

Mashua
Ranked #536 of 3,722 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sudbury, Massachusetts
“Peruvian food in Amsterdam”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

We were surprised to get Peruvian food in Amsterdam. When we entered the restaurant, we were the only ones there (a quiet Monday night). My husband wanted to leave as he was worried the food wouldn't be good. But having read about it on Trip Advisor, we stayed. We had excellent food; lightly spiced pumpkin soup, beautiful prawns in a delicately spice sauce and a Peruvian version of paella. While it could have been a strange experience being the only ones there, it wasn't. We had the best table in the house, a waiter all to ourselves and outstanding service. The waiter even changed the music to match our taste. Priced right.

• Visited October 2012

• Hebrew first
Carlsbad, California
“Peruvian Fusion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

Pricey but excellent Peruvian Fusion food in a great location and pleasant atmosphere. Incredible to get good Peruvian food in Amsterdam!

Visited September 2012
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Delicious food - everyone in our group loved it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

We stumbled upon this Peruvian restaurant and they could seat a table of six without a reservation, so we decided to give it a go. The menu had lots of interesting ingredients and flavor combinations. All six of us were very impressed with our food. Even simple dishes like a salad were exciting.

Here were our favorites:
- Causa de atun (potato tartlet with ahi tuna) - lovely, composed starter, great flavors, large portion.
- Ensalata Mashua - I don't usually order a salad, but my mother-in-law had this and couldn't stop talking about the Tamarind dressing. I will definitely try next time.
- Ceviche de Pescado - The winner of the evening. I've had a lot of ceviche but this one stood out. It was a starter and a very generous portion. Several of us had this dish and couldn't get enough.
- "Risotto" de Quinoa - Lovely vegetarian main course. There is no rice in it. It is made from Quinoa and Andean wheat. I was a little hesitant but decided to take a chance and it was very creamy, unique and totally delicious.

As delicious and inventive as everything was, I can't wait to return to try some of the other dishes. Next time I would like to one of the pork or beef dishes.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Excellent Peruvian fusion cooking, at a good Prinzengracht canal-side location.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

We had admired the golden awning that morning (4th of July) when my wife did a couple of watercolor sketches at our hotel across the canal. Delighted to find it had a great menu and genial staff. Had a green salad and a white gazpacho (tomatillos?) Starters and a fish/vegetables/scallops and a camarones/potato and other root vegetable main course, both delicious. It has inside, curbside and canalside tables. We opted for latter. @arty and work boat traffic fun and street traffic not obtrusive. A great find.

New York
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

It had been about 4 years since my trip to Peru, but I was craving some Lomo Saltado in Amsterdam.

We tried the combination starter along with lomo saltado and ceviche de pato as mains. The appetizers were fairly forgettable aside from the ceviche which we both enjoyed. The lomo saltado was very good - tender steak, and the duck was not my favorite.

All in all an OK meal, but would not return on my next trip to Amsterdam

Visited May 2012