“Nice experience”
Review of Latei

Latei
Ranked #246 of 4,190 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Red Light District (De Wallen)
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Very friendly staff. I came in just after closing time and they offered to make me a sandwich to go.
I returned the next day for lunch and had a very good hummus, aubergine sandwich. I also liked the decoration.

Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

We found this place by a local friend's advice and have thanked her so much for passing it on. This place fascinated me. From the numerous lampshades to the old wall porters and out-dated tapestries, I could barely hold a conversation without being distracted. The service and the food were both impeccable! Dare I say the croissants and pains au chocolat were better than in Paris!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Grabbed breakfast here on Sunday before touring the city; everything was fresh and fabulous! Some of the best bread I've ever eaten, and the service was wonderful. There is a cafe cat but my husband, who has terrible allergies, didn't have even a slight reaction, which is a testament to the staff's diligent cleaning efforts. Highly recommended!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

This is a great cafe. Nothing more needs to be said, but I will of course elaborate. It doesn't go over the top to impress, nor does it lack anything that I would look for.
I arrived with 3 friends after reading good reviews about it. It was a little tricky to find, but that may have been down to my own inability to spot things.
We went in and were greeted and seated in a friendly manner. They had a nice selection of teas, and I helped myself to some lovely chocolate cake too! It wasn't cheap but reasonable, especially for a cafe right in the tourist centre of Amsterdam. One slight flaw is that the cafe was quite loud and certainly busy, but what else would you expect due to it's location?
I love to visit places like this at home and abroad, and I'll certainly be recommending it to anyone who likes a good cup of tea in a friendly, warm atmosphere.
Like so many places in Amsterdam there was a resident cat prowling the floor too, without a care about the many people around him/her. I wonder if it's still there...

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I am so sorry we went there the last morning we were in Amsterdam! We knew about this place thanks to a suggestion given by the hotel Nova where we stayed. We went there at around 2pm and it was quite busy, we sat upstairs and have a good view onto the whole place. It'a amazing! Everything from the lamp to the chair you are sitting on can be bought and the waitering staff, omg I am in love with their outfits and their make up and their kindness! Mint tea is great, unforgettable chocolate cake - really to die for! and also the smoothies are fantastic!
I will always come back there when in Amsterdam!