“One of the best walking tours I've been on!”
Review of FreeDam Tours

FreeDam Tours
Ranked #2 of 503 Tours in Amsterdam
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Discover the fascinating history of the most liberal city in the world with FreeDam Tours - a unique, in-depth (free / tips only) walking tour that will leave you understanding and appreciating this city in ways you never thought possible. With the perfect mix of information and entertainment, combining history and contemporary lifestyle with unique personal stories and anecdotes that help explain the essence of Amsterdam and Dutch culture. With five daily tours at 10AM, 11AM, 1PM and 2PM, starting in front of the Old Church, in the heart of the Red Light District.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed October 24, 2018

Originally I was planning to book a walking tour with another company, but luckily they didn't get back to me with confirmation otherwise I wouldn't have gone on this one. I usually try to go on a walking tour in nearly every new city I got to, and this has got to be one of the best ones I have been on. We had Marcella as our guide, and boy did she know her stuff! Excellent, enthusiastic, and willing to help with any questions we had at the end. Highly recommend this company!

2  Thank Lauren B
Write a ReviewReviews (3,671)
All reviews
in 63 reviews
"great stories"
"fun facts"
in 44 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 65 reviews
in 60 reviews
"visiting amsterdam"
in 89 reviews

Reviewed October 24, 2018 via mobile

Our guide,Gianni,was informative and entertaining. His knowledge of the subject matter was thorough and he was able to answer questions posed by our group effectively. He was articulate and gave us some excellent advice about places to eat and shop. Both my husband and myself felt this tour was the best 2 and 1/2 hours we had spent in Amsterdam and would highly recommend this tour to anyone visiting the city for the first time.

1  Thank Lee V
Reviewed October 24, 2018 via mobile

Easy to locate the meeting point, our guide Loeke was charismatic, knowledgeable and enthusiastic :)

Reviewed October 24, 2018 via mobile

We loved the tour, took 2 teenagers and although some might have deemed it inappropriate, we all found it interesting and informative. Thank you Brams, highly recommended tour.