“Really fun and informative tour with Zaida”
Review of FreeDam Tours

FreeDam Tours
Ranked #2 of 481 Tours in Amsterdam
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Discover the fascinating history of the most liberal city in the world with FreeDam Tours - a unique, in-depth (free / tips only) walking tour that will leave you understanding and appreciating this city in ways you never thought possible. With the perfect mix of information and entertainment, combining history and contemporary lifestyle with unique personal stories and anecdotes that help explain the essence of Amsterdam and Dutch culture. With five daily tours at 10AM, 10:30AM, 11AM, 1PM and 2PM, starting in front of the Old Church, in the heart of the Red Light District.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage
Reviewed September 22, 2017

Really enjoyed the tour. Great that it was from locals who had their own personal experiences and stories included. Lots of fun and felt that we saw things we wouldn't have if we hadn't gone on the tour. THANK YOU

Write a ReviewReviews (3,303)
All reviews
"great stories"
in 30 reviews
"fun facts"
in 26 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 34 reviews
in 25 reviews
"hour tour"
in 35 reviews

Reviewed September 21, 2017 via mobile

Today I went on a walking tour of Amsterdam with Charlotte from FreeDam tours and she was awesome!! I am traveling though Europe and have been doing these kinds of tours in a few different cities now so I felt like I knew what to expect. Charlotte's tour far exceeded my expectations! She really took time to get to know each individual in the group and shake everyone's hand right at the beginning of the tour. I felt like I learned so much about the city, she even had some laminated "slides" to illustrate certain points. Charlotte was willing to answer any and all of our additional questions, and chat with people even as we moved from place to place. Overall it was a fantastic tour that I would recommend to anyone I know headed to Amsterdam!

1  Thank Stephanie F
Reviewed September 21, 2017 via mobile

Don't book with any other tour operators. This is the best by far.
Sergio is knowledgeable and humerous as well.
Best 3 hours i have spent on a walking tour. Highly recommended.

Reviewed September 21, 2017 via mobile

Great tour with a lot of local insights, fun facts, stories untold and a lot of alley explorations! Charlotte was super enthusiastic and made the tour worthwhile.

Tip: Wear good walking shoes!

See more reviews
Reviewed September 20, 2017

Ok let's talk about Lola. Loic is friends with a prostitute in the Red Light District. Well not close friends but he is the nicest guy and even she knew him personally and waved us all a kind wave in the window. This guy is knowledgeable and even Marcella, who we didn't get to walk with because the group was too large, was hilarious. She spoke to us before the tour. Anyhow this was the coolest walking tour I have been on. The guides are insanely knowledgeable and love their history on Amsterdam. I felt so well educated and alive when I left the tour and I was excited to tell all my friends what I had learned.