“I went to several tours - FreeDam tour is the best.”
Review of FreeDam Tours

FreeDam Tours
Ranked #2 of 458 Tours in Amsterdam
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Discover the fascinating history of the most liberal city in the world with FreeDam Tours - a unique, in-depth (free / tips only) walking tour that will leave you understanding and appreciating this city in ways you never thought possible. With the perfect mix of information and entertainment, combining history and contemporary lifestyle with unique personal stories and anecdotes that help explain the essence of Amsterdam and Dutch culture. With four daily tours at 10AM, 11AM, 1PM and 2PM, starting in front of the Old Church, in the heart of the Red Light District.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed August 8, 2017

I have lived in Amsterdam since several months and I enjoy going into free walking tours organized by different companies in Amsterdam (I go in usually with friends of mine who come over for a visit). My market research yields to the result that this walking tour is the best - amazing guides (Gianni and Charlotte, I experienced both of them), very informative, 3 hours full of fun, no unnecessary stopovers at some restaurants, no unnecessarily long promotion of other tours a company might have. I will definitely bring my guests again. Jana

5  Thank Jana P
Write a ReviewReviews (2,807)
All reviews
"informative tour"
in 49 reviews
"old church"
in 37 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 36 reviews
in 42 reviews
"visiting amsterdam"
in 65 reviews

Reviewed August 7, 2017

Marcella lead us on an interesting, informative and funny tour around Amsterdam. Other than the Red Light district I can't specify where we went as I was completely trusting her to not get me lost. I learned so much about the area, history and other amusing trivia - it was the best way to get to know Amsterdam in only one afternoon. I would seriously recommend this tour company to anyone visiting the city.

4  Thank WestwellBecca
Reviewed August 7, 2017 via mobile

We had the pleasure of the amazing Sergio as our guide. An extremely interesting, fun and informative tour!

2  Thank Caithlin J
Reviewed August 7, 2017

I took this tour a couple months back with Jethrow and loved it then. Now I'm back with my best fiend andr fogured she'd love it as much as I did. Coos did an amazing John showing our group around and giving us a very informational and interesting facts about our surroundings. Both guides were passionate and funny!! Would totally take this tour many more times about would very highly recommend it to anyone!

3  Thank Lindsey M