“excellent!!! ”

FreeDam Tours
Ranked #2 of 458 Tours in Amsterdam
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Discover the fascinating history of the most liberal city in the world with FreeDam Tours - a unique, in-depth (free / tips only) walking tour that will leave you understanding and appreciating this city in ways you never thought possible. With the perfect mix of information and entertainment, combining history and contemporary lifestyle with unique personal stories and anecdotes that help explain the essence of Amsterdam and Dutch culture. With four daily tours at 10AM, 11AM, 1PM and 2PM, starting in front of the Old Church, in the heart of the Red Light District.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed June 28, 2017 via mobile

very interesting tour.
we learned and saw a lot. the atmosphere during the tour was funny and light.
one of the best tours I ever been to (in the world)!!!
unbelievable it's free.
a must think to do on your trip to Amsterdam.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,807)
All reviews
"informative tour"
in 49 reviews
"old church"
in 37 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 36 reviews
in 42 reviews
"visiting amsterdam"
in 65 reviews

Reviewed June 28, 2017

We did the city tour with Gianna who was very knowledgeable of the city's history, customs and places of interest.

1  Thank 660rom
FreeDamTeam, Guide at FreeDam Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2017

Hee, thank you so much for this review. I’m glad I was able to give you a good time ;)
Big hug Gianni

Reviewed June 28, 2017

My partner and I really loved this tour. The nearly 3 hours flew by as Gianni led us through the streets of Amsterdam. He was funny and informative - I learned a lot about the fascinating history of the city. I really can't overstate how much I enjoyed this tour. The bar is now set very high for tour guides! I would recommend this to anyone visiting :)

Hee Allison, wow thank you so much for this review. I’m really glad you had such a great time on my tour! :). Hopefully the tours that you are going to take in the future can meet the bar, but I’m positive about that.
Thx again and big hugs, Gianni

Reviewed June 28, 2017

Gianni with FreeDam Tours gave us a great impression of the city. He was entertaining and really informative. Highly recommend.

Hee Kevin, thank you so much for your recommendation. I’m glad that i was able to give you a great impression of this beautiful city.
Hugs, Gianni

See more reviews
Reviewed June 28, 2017

Like many budget travelers, I do "free walking tours" wherever I go. Few even come close to the FreeDam experience I had on Sergio's tour. FreeDam was a perfect blend of geographical, historical and cultural information, complimented with Sergio's personal escapades living in Amsterdam. After I expressed interest in the history of squats in Amsterdam's counterculture, Sergio went out of his way to build this into the tour. His humor, positive energy and engaging presence made the walk all the more enjoyable. Take this tour!

1  Thank Kasey K