“To book FreeDam Tour is a MUST!!!”
Review of FreeDam Tours

FreeDam Tours
Ranked #2 of 459 Tours in Amsterdam
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Discover the fascinating history of the most liberal city in the world with FreeDam Tours - a unique, in-depth (free / tips only) walking tour that will leave you understanding and appreciating this city in ways you never thought possible. With the perfect mix of information and entertainment, combining history and contemporary lifestyle with unique personal stories and anecdotes that help explain the essence of Amsterdam and Dutch culture. With four daily tours at 10AM, 11AM, 1PM and 2PM, starting in front of the Old Church, in the heart of the Red Light District.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Reviewed May 8, 2017

It was absolutely brilliant tour and must to do if you are in Amsterdam!Sergio(our tour guide) was fantastic! He is passionate about what he is doing and it is very inspiring.Thank you once again!

FreeDamTeam, Owner at FreeDam Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2017

Thank you so much egliuzhe! Indeed, I'm truly passionate about what I do: I love my job! :) Glad I was able to transmit some of my passion for this city to you!
Hugs, sergio

Write a ReviewReviews (2,849)
All reviews
"informative tour"
in 49 reviews
"old church"
in 37 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 36 reviews
in 42 reviews
"visiting amsterdam"
in 65 reviews

Reviewed May 8, 2017

Toured on April 28, our guide was Jonny (sorry if i spelled that wrong!)
Unlike some walking tours of this type I've done, this had no scheduled mid-tour stop, so be ready for a good three hours of walking. Not a problem as long as you don't think you're going to eat midway! (I ate before it started so i was fine)
Tour starts at the Oude kerk, and as there were ~50 people turning up they split the tour into two groups, which was a nice touch. (I've been on some monstrously huge free tours in my time, and they are less fun). Tour stayed within the inner of the canal ring, but there's plenty to see there and we spemnt a good 3+ hours. One nice side effect of that is that the typical canal boat tour stays to the ring, obviously, so you don't end up covering the same ground if you take a boat as well.
Guide was very chatty and happily fielded all my questions about male prostitution.

FreeDamTeam, Guide at FreeDam Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2017

Dear Scot,

Thank you for this review :). We always make sure that the groups are not too big so that everybody can have a good and nice experience. We indeed stay in the first canal ring, but in that area there is already so much to see and tell. I’m glad that I was able to answer all your questions. And don’t worry about misspelling the name ;)
Big Hug, Gianni, aka Jonny :)

Reviewed May 8, 2017 via mobile

Went on a 2.5-3h walking tour with Sergio. I highly recommend this tour for someone who just arrived in Amsterdam and needs a first impression/guidance of the city.
Sergio showed us the main sightseeing spots (and also some secret ones!), he explained the historical context and gave us some good insider tips.
Definitely a fun and interesting experience!

Thank you for your recommendation Erik! Flad you had such a good time. Looking forward to hosting you again on your next visit to Amsterdam!
All the best, Sergio

Reviewed May 7, 2017

Excellent tour!! It made all sense to start visiting the city from this experience.
Johnny, our guide, a native dutch with perfect english, not only gave us a perfect first contact with the city, showing us the main touristic spots, but he also carried us through many very interesting, surprising, funny stories of the ancient city, that we couldn't stop recalling during the rest of our visit. It really made the difference. Thank you for this great overview and for being so helpful with all our questions during and after the tour!
Congratulations to you all and keep up the excellent work!

FreeDamTeam, Guide at FreeDam Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2017

Dear Marques,
Thank you so much for this review :). It always makes me happy when I can give people a good first impression of this city. And that this tour made the difference and that it helped you in the further explorations of Amsterdam!
Thnx again and big hugs, Gianni