Open today: 9:45 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Excellent tour

A very interesting and interactive tour. The weather was a bit rubbish but Joy was brilliant and... read more

Reviewed today
Olivia B
Fantastic tour

Great way to see the sights of Amsterdam and learn about all the interesting history of the... read more

Reviewed yesterday
JosieH8
Coventry, United Kingdom
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Amsterdam
from $22.96
from $22.96
from $56.26
from $102.18
3,850 results
All reviews walking tour great tour personal stories super sightseeing free tour free walking great stories fun facts highly recommend this tour cookies informative tour great introduction old church an excellent guide waffles amsterdam's history hour tour
Reviewed May 8, 2017

Toured on April 28, our guide was Jonny (sorry if i spelled that wrong!)
Unlike some walking tours of this type I've done, this had no scheduled mid-tour stop, so be ready for a good three hours of walking. Not a problem as long as you don't think you're going to eat midway! (I ate before it started so i was fine)
Tour starts at the Oude kerk, and as there were ~50 people turning up they split the tour into two groups, which was a nice touch. (I've been on some monstrously huge free tours in my time, and they are less fun). Tour stayed within the inner of the canal ring, but there's plenty to see there and we spemnt a good 3+ hours. One nice side effect of that is that the typical canal boat tour stays to the ring, obviously, so you don't end up covering the same ground if you take a boat as well.
Guide was very chatty and happily fielded all my questions about male prostitution.

Date of experience: April 2017
FreeDamTeam, Guide at FreeDam Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2017

Dear Scot,

Thank you for this review :). We always make sure that the groups are not too big so that everybody can have a good and nice experience. We indeed stay in the first canal ring, but in that area there is already so much to see and tell. I’m glad that I was able to answer all your questions. And don’t worry about misspelling the name ;)
Big Hug, Gianni, aka Jonny :)

Reviewed May 8, 2017 via mobile

Went on a 2.5-3h walking tour with Sergio. I highly recommend this tour for someone who just arrived in Amsterdam and needs a first impression/guidance of the city.
Sergio showed us the main sightseeing spots (and also some secret ones!), he explained the historical context and gave us some good insider tips.
Definitely a fun and interesting experience!

Date of experience: May 2017
FreeDamTeam, Owner at FreeDam Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2017

Thank you for your recommendation Erik! Flad you had such a good time. Looking forward to hosting you again on your next visit to Amsterdam!
All the best, Sergio

Reviewed May 7, 2017

Excellent tour!! It made all sense to start visiting the city from this experience.
Johnny, our guide, a native dutch with perfect english, not only gave us a perfect first contact with the city, showing us the main touristic spots, but he also carried us through many very interesting, surprising, funny stories of the ancient city, that we couldn't stop recalling during the rest of our visit. It really made the difference. Thank you for this great overview and for being so helpful with all our questions during and after the tour!
Congratulations to you all and keep up the excellent work!

Date of experience: April 2017
FreeDamTeam, Guide at FreeDam Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2017

Dear Marques,
Thank you so much for this review :). It always makes me happy when I can give people a good first impression of this city. And that this tour made the difference and that it helped you in the further explorations of Amsterdam!
Thnx again and big hugs, Gianni

Reviewed May 7, 2017

Very exciting tour with Marcella, many interesting facts not only about Amsterdam but also about whole Netherlands and Dutch.

Date of experience: May 2017
FreeDamTeam, Guide at FreeDam Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2017

Thank you very much for your kind review Jakub! Hugs, Marcella

Reviewed May 7, 2017 via mobile

The 2 hour tour is a great way of getting to know Amesterdam by the eyes of a local. Sergio was the guide and he does an amazing job of showing all the right places while keeping history always in the center.

Date of experience: May 2017

Thank you very much for your kind words Cláudia. I may have an Italian name, but I'm as local to as they come :) I'm glad you liked all my stories and that you appreciated how I kept history in the centre. I try to have a couple of themes running as a red thread during the tour. I hope it helped you understand and appreciate Amsterdam and Dutch culture better.
Hugs, Sergio