Open today: 9:45 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Excellent tour

A very interesting and interactive tour. The weather was a bit rubbish but Joy was brilliant and... read more

Reviewed today
Olivia B
Fantastic tour

Great way to see the sights of Amsterdam and learn about all the interesting history of the... read more

Reviewed yesterday
JosieH8
Coventry, United Kingdom
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Amsterdam
from $22.96
from $22.96
from $56.26
from $102.18
3,850 results
All reviews walking tour great tour personal stories super sightseeing free tour free walking great stories fun facts highly recommend this tour cookies informative tour great introduction old church an excellent guide waffles amsterdam's history hour tour
Reviewed March 16, 2017

Visiting friends in Amsterdam, we were left alone for the day to explore and discover more about the beautiful city that is Amsterdam. Our hosts had previous guests who recommended such a walking tour for getting out and making the most of a day in the city. Having found Freedam Tours online, we quickly discovered we were in for a treat. Our guide Sergio showed us a side of Amsterdam we would never have found by ourselves, giving us a personal insight to his experiences of growing up in our new favourite city. To top it off, we got a Sergio introduced us to Stroopwafels, something we continue to have with our daily coffee. Thank you Sergio and Freedam Tours!

Date of experience: February 2017
FreeDamTeam, Owner at FreeDam Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2017

Thank you for this awesome review Jonny. I'm honoured to hear the tour had such a positive impact on your holiday. ...I'm left wondering how many stroopwafels you packed in that suitcase of yours. Come visit again when they run out! ;) All the best, Sergio

Reviewed March 16, 2017

This tour is excellent. It lasts for 2-2,5 hours and it includes everything you want to know about Amsterdam. Our tour guide was Gianni, a local Dutch who was absolutely brilliant. He was very well aware of historical facts, had a beautiful intonation in his voice and mingled all the historical times of Amsterdam very well.
Everybody visiting Amsterdam should take advantage of this awesome opportunity.

Date of experience: March 2017
FreeDamTeam, Guide at FreeDam Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2017

Dear Paul, thank you so much for this awesome review!! I’m a little bit blushed with all the nice compliments thx!. Nice to read that i was able to talk about about everything what you wanted to know about this city.
Big hugs, Gianni

Reviewed March 16, 2017 via mobile

Had a fun 2.5 hour tour with Sergio around Amsterdam centre. Lots of interesting information told in a fun and entertaining way. Thanks Sergio for a brilliant morning and for talking tulips for me!

Date of experience: March 2017

Well thank you for making me tell that (extra) tulip story that day. They're my favourite flowers in the world! :) Happy you were able to make it that day, despite the group being (almost) full :) Hugs, Sergio

Reviewed March 15, 2017

I have been living in Amsterdam for a few months now and decided to do something touristy when a friend came to visit. Luckily we got Sebastian as our guide! It was a really good, fun and informative tour! He showed us some really interesting things about the city that we didn't know! Make sure you go on this tour but ONLY go with Sebastian! He is AWESOME!!!

Hej Amy,
Happy that you discovered interesting things in your new city on my tour. I am super flattered by your review, thank you! I have been on tours with other guides at FreeDam and I must, say they are AWESOME as well ;). Enjoy our city!
Hugs,
Sebastian

Reviewed March 15, 2017

Knowledgeable, funny, cynic to the right degree, just perfect!
He did so much more than just pointing at the sites. Really made us begin to understand the nature of the Netherlands and its people.
He even gave us the traditional Dutch cookies :-)

Date of experience: March 2017

Dear Kfar, thank you for this review. I’m glad to read that I was able to help you to understand the nature of the Dutch people ...and that I was cynic to the right degree ;) Most of all I'm glad you liked our traditional cookies “stroopwafels” :) Gianni