“Way beyond our expectations”
Review of FreeDam Tours

FreeDam Tours
Ranked #2 of 458 Tours in Amsterdam
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Discover the fascinating history of the most liberal city in the world with FreeDam Tours - a unique, in-depth (free / tips only) walking tour that will leave you understanding and appreciating this city in ways you never thought possible. With the perfect mix of information and entertainment, combining history and contemporary lifestyle with unique personal stories and anecdotes that help explain the essence of Amsterdam and Dutch culture. With four daily tours at 10AM, 11AM, 1PM and 2PM, starting in front of the Old Church, in the heart of the Red Light District.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed October 24, 2016

My wife and I did the tour with Sergio last weekend and enjoyed it immensely. We are lucky enough to have done walking tours in many places around the world and I can honestly say that this was the best one. It was informative, heart felt, entertaining and fun. Thanks again Sergio for contributing so highly to our vacation in Amsterdam.

FreeDamTeam, Owner at FreeDam Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2016

Thank you for finding ...and choosing us over the bigger / corporate tours! Your review REALLY helps more people like you find us, so thank you for taking a minute to share your experience with us. Hugs - Sergio

Write a ReviewReviews (2,831)
All reviews
"informative tour"
in 49 reviews
"old church"
in 37 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 36 reviews
"visiting amsterdam"
in 65 reviews

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 24, 2016 via mobile

Had a great tour yesterday with Sergio, he was funny and informative and very personable. I definitely recommend this tour!

Thank you so much. I'm glad you like my tour-guiding style. I hoped it made you understand, and enjoy Amsterdam (even) more!

Reviewed October 23, 2016 via mobile

Sergio was awesome! My friend Tammy and I were saying that it's one of the best, if not the best walking tour we've ever been on. He was funny, informative and engaging. He shared a mixture of history of the city as well as culture and his own personal experiences in the amazing city. Thanks for the great afternoon Sergio!

1  Thank Sarah Y

Thank you Sarah! I often say that what truly makes a tour memorable is only partly me. It's mostly the people on the tour. It's the fun that we have TOGETHER that makes it memorable. And we had a great group that day :) See you again in Amsterdam!

Reviewed October 22, 2016 via mobile

A great way to discover more about Amsterdam beyond your assumptions about the coffee shops and Red Light District. Ami proved a fantastic guide delivering the perfect mix of history, personal experiences and suggestions regarding local food, etc. Thanks again to Ami and FreeDam Tours!

FreeDamTeam, Guide at FreeDam Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2016

Thank you Bryan - so glad we were able to expand on all those expectations. We love Amtserdam so we want you to too! Ami

See more reviews
Reviewed October 20, 2016 via mobile

Our guide Ami is friendly and willing to answer anyone's questions. She's funny too! I believed she even spent extra time to show us some info you would only know if you are living in Amsterdam (I cannot tell what, you just have to join the tour to find out). We went through the Red Light District, then down south before ending with the palace. Ami even showed us good places to try Dutch food for a decent price (I enjoyed Tomaz). Rmb: it is a free tour. Up to you how much you wanna give! Highly recommended!

Thank you - and good job not revealing our secrets ;) It’s great to know you enjoyed Amsterdam - especially the yummy cuisine! Ami