“Brilliant informative funny walking tour. ”
Review of FreeDam Tours

FreeDam Tours
Ranked #2 of 459 Tours in Amsterdam
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Discover the fascinating history of the most liberal city in the world with FreeDam Tours - a unique, in-depth (free / tips only) walking tour that will leave you understanding and appreciating this city in ways you never thought possible. With the perfect mix of information and entertainment, combining history and contemporary lifestyle with unique personal stories and anecdotes that help explain the essence of Amsterdam and Dutch culture. With four daily tours at 10AM, 11AM, 1PM and 2PM, starting in front of the Old Church, in the heart of the Red Light District.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed August 11, 2016 via mobile

Simply fabulous afternoon spent with Sergio. Great walking tour. Brilliantly funny and passionate local linking history geography and past and present culture. Thank you for having us on your tour. What a privilege. Miss the opportunity at your peril

FreeDamTeam, Owner at FreeDam Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2016

Thank you very much for the kind words Sarah. I was MY privilege meeting and touring you around my city! I'm glad you enjoyed and appreciate the mix of history and contemporary stories. Looking forward to meeting you again on your next trip to Amsterdam! all the best - Sergio

Write a ReviewReviews (2,830)
All reviews
"informative tour"
in 49 reviews
"old church"
in 37 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 36 reviews
in 42 reviews
"visiting amsterdam"
in 65 reviews

Reviewed August 11, 2016

Sergio's walking tour offers a perfect over view of Dutch history, culture and the origin of the philosophy of tolerance all told with incredible humor and passion. At each stop during the three hour walk around the core of Amsterdam he builds the story of how Holland was lifted out of swamp land by the ingenuity of wind mill builders, how those same mills led to a lumber industry that launched a shipping fleet that owned the seas, how the explorations and import wares developed the first stock market and how this tiny country kept European royalty at bay. Sergio weaves personal stories into his historical narrative that leave you with memories of having made a new friend in Amsterdam that you look forward to visiting again, and hopefully soon! You will love this tour!

FreeDamTeam, Owner at FreeDam Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2016

What a fantastic, extensive and elaborate analysis of my tour _pknix2! You even provided me with some new isights - thank you for that :) I'm really honoured by your very kind words. Thank you very, very much! All the best from Amsterdam, Sergio

Reviewed August 9, 2016 via mobile

Sergio was the best tour guide I've had not only in Amsterdam but on any tour I've done anywhere. He was passionate, funny, informative, and held an interesting and cohesive narrative. Can absolutely recommend!

Thank you for your super recommendation JP! I'm absolutely honoured to hear I was the best tour guide you ever had ...and that you loved the tour itself of course. Till we meet again! Sergio.

Reviewed August 9, 2016 via mobile

A good mix of private anecdotes and historial facts! Sergio is a very cool guy, very friendly and humorous! I would to do it again and will recommend the tour to my friends and family. Thanks!

Dear Lea,
Thank you for your recommendation. I'm glad you think I'm a 'cool' guy :) I'm just my down-to earth self. I really love my job so I guess that shines through! It was a pleasure hosting you and I'm looking forward to meeting you on your next vist to Amsterdam! All the best, Sergio.