“Excellent Hotel and Service”
Review of Pension Onassis

and 1 more site!
Pension Onassis
Ranked #3 of 9 Alkmaar B&B and Inns
Caernarfon, United Kingdom
“Excellent Hotel and Service”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I did stay here for two nights and it is the best hotel I have stayed in because it was clean and with plenty of room and also excellent service. I was given a lift to the station on the last morning with my luggage which was a big help for me. This hotel is some four minutes walking from the centre of Alkmaar and you go past a real Dutch windmill, canal and bridge on the way into town. I did walk rather slowly to enjoy the walk into town. I would highly recommend this very friendly oasis which has a Greek/Roman theme in the decor with a large indoor swimming pool and sauna. I have gone to Alkmaar often in the past and I only wish I had found this place earlier that is my only regret. The price was good value and I had two quiet night sleeps.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank arfonr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Wexford, Ireland
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stayed 3 nights at Pension Onassis what a wonderful B&B. Peter and Tinie the owners two really nice and helpful people. We had gone to the lovely city of Alkmaar for the Blues Express weekend. When I got in touch with Peter to book for the weekend I asked for directions, he told me to give him a call from the train station and he would collect us and at the end of the weekend kindly dropped us back. The atmosphere was just fantastic, the apartment we had was really nice and the beautiful swimming pool was amazing. Hoping to get back there again soon.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jokergem
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights at this wonderful pension with our 2 young kids. We had a very big family room which was excellent with great beds and it was very quiet. The couple that is running the pension are extremely friendly and helpful in all matters. They took us to and from the train station every day when we wanted to go into Amsterdam. Breakfast was very nice. The kids loved the swimming pool. The location in Alkmaar is also excellent just a short walk away from the old town and beautiful canals in the city. We would definitely stay here again if we come back to Alkmaar.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family