“Read the small print!”
Review of Hotel Chariot

Hotel Chariot
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Aalsmeer
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Great first impressions of the hotel and the staff were very pleasant. Accidentally broke a curtain which we were happy to pay the charge for until we were told it was 189 euros. We were told on day of arrival that shuttle bus to and from the airport was FREE, only to find out at the end of our weeks stay and 10 shuttle journeys that we had a massive bill waiting on our departure for the shuttle bus. Had requested a smoking room and were told we had one when booked then on arrival were given non smoking. Dont recommend staying as you will end up paying more than you think for your stay!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jamie228

Reviewed May 1, 2012

My friends and I were wrapping up a 12 day trip in Holland and wanted a hotel near the airport with shuttle service since we had an early morning departure. We were all pleasantly surprised to find that the hotel was much more charming than we expected. The rooms were clean and comfortable with lots of amenities, the food was good, and the staff was very friendly. It was a short, but great experience.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Was sent here by KLM for the night, originally apprehensive of where I would end up in Amsterdam on my own late at night but was pleasantly surprised.

A nice cosy hotel (Christmas time seemed perfect for it), friendly staff, good food, not too far from airport, shuttle provided and rooms were basic but clean and comfortable.

If you need a place to stay for the night from the Airport, would recommend this one.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Global Nomad I
Reviewed April 18, 2012

They let us checked in at 10:00am. It was the only I liked about this hotel. This hotel offer first free shuttle bus ride, but you need to make a reservation in advance. Please be clear where you will have to wait for the shuttle bus at the airport, when you need to be picked up.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed January 24, 2012

It was for a job interview for a company that was situated near the airport that I had booked this hotel, which itself was about 15 mins. from the airport.

They had a shuttle from the Airport for pick up and drop off when checking out - both of which were free. Shuttle services used otherwise would be charged. Which was in order seeing as the place was in the midst of a quiet street that had a few houses as you walk around the place.

The hotel staff were quite helpful in ensuring that I was comfortable and were pleasant to speak to. Since it was a bit away from the city, it was mostly for sleeping and breakfast that I used it for. The room itself was comfortable and clean, with a nice window overlooking the street ahead. The cupboard and furniture was well maintained.

The restaurant had a usual continental buffet breakfast which, luckilly for me, started at about 7am or so. While English is not a first language here, it is easily understood by anyone. Internet was satisfactory for checking mails as such, a password for which could be obtained by request from the reception.

All in all, I would love to stay at this hotel the next time I happen to be in Amsterdam, be it for a short, or a long stay. The only drawback is that you would have to take the shuttle to get to the main road, or take a rent a car. Unless if you just want to relax, in which case you can't ask for a more quiet place to do so.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 6, 2012

We had a 14-hour layover after our trip to Italy and before we flew back to the US with our family of four. It was difficult to find a hotel near Schiphol that could accommodate two children but this hotel was recommended to me by some people here on Tripadvisor. It worked out great. We were picked up by the shuttle bus from the airport and it was only a short 15 minute drive to the hotel. Our room had a super comfy king-size bed, a pull-out couch for our 3-year old that was already made up, and a baby cot for our 4-month old baby. The bathroom was huge and very clean. We had dinner next door at the place that has indoor beach volleyball.

The next morning we had to get up early to catch our flight and the receptionist called for a shuttle bus and we were off. I would definitely stay here again if we ever have to fly early in the morning from Schiphol again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank dreamk
Reviewed November 18, 2011

On my arrival I instantly felt at home. The painting in the hallway of my favourite South African artist was just the final touch. I found the hotel hotel modern and luxuries. The staff were all very friendly.
The food is outstanding. I can recommend this hotel to anybody who is looking for a high class hotel near the airport.

I will surely stay there again in future. Really highly recommendable!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank maro4
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aalsmeer
Park Inn by Radisson Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport
Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport
citizenM Schiphol Airport
Van der Valk Hotel Schiphol
Ramada Amsterdam Schiphol Airport

Been to Hotel Chariot? Share your experiences!