“Makes rundown roadside motels in the middle of nowhere look like 5* resorts!”
Review of De Postelse Hoeve

De Postelse Hoeve
and 1 more site!
De Postelse Hoeve
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Tilburg
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Spent one night at this hotel and almost wish I had camped out in my car.

Let's start with the check-in experience. The hotel is quite light on staff (who I am still unsure of whether they were borderline condescending or just had very dry humor). Nevertheless after a mix-up was given my room key (which was a massive manual key I haven't seen in a hotel for years). Going up to the room was not a very welcoming experience as the lighting in the hotel is rather poor and has a sort of dingy feel to it.

Upon stepping in to the room it was a mess! Bed sheets were crumpled up on the bed pillows thrown to the side, bathroom was not cleaned. It was apparent that the staff didn't get around to cleaning this room.

Luckily (or not) there was another room available which was made-up and needless to say was almost as underwhelming. The bed was not comfortable and I don't think the mattress has been changed since the hotel opened (or any of the other equipment in the hotel and rooms for that matter). The TV in the room was probably the size of an iPad and the switches and knobs were definitely from the 70's!

The shower was ridiculously small. If you are tall or big you will struggle to take a shower here!

The staff does try to do their best with the limited resources - they were prompt in providing me with an iron and ironing board which were both stained and left my white shirt with a large brown mark (should have known better; blame myself for that one).

The food was better than expected given the room experience, but overall the experience was one I would sooner rather forget. Then again this was Tilburg, and possibly one of the better places in town. If you have the option you might want to spend the night in Rotterdam.

• Stayed: May 2013
There are newer reviews for De Postelse Hoeve

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Previously I worked for a company seated in Tilburg. Few times we had team building trainings here but now I was staying mainly in the hotel, exactly on the day when the new king took over his position. Many foreign pepople were also staying there on that day. We had a nice time at he bar and watching the ceremonies on a wide screen TV. I liked the bed very much, unfortunately the mini bar was missing. The breakfast was nice, good choice from different meals. The personnel was kind, ready to serve. The big ice jar compensated a bit the minibar. It has an easy access but already out from the vey busy part of the town so in the night is quite silent. The training facilities are also good. In general the atmosphere is pleasant. The Wifi worked well.

Room Tip: Even the one bed rooms are aleadycomfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We spent 2 nights at this place a few weeks ago and it is just plain awful. Downstairs gives the impression of reasonably nice and modern hotel but the moment you reach your room it becomes apparent that first impressions are very, very deceptive. I know this hotel from 30-40 years ago and it was one of the nicest places you could stay in Tilburg. They still seem to bask in that past glory but doing close to nothing for that amount of time has left it the sorry state it's in.

Avocado green bathrooms are well out of fashion, a hair dryer which expels some hot air is preferred to the thing we found on the wall, some light somewhere to do your make-up would be nice, I have no idea how many people have slept (died) in these beds, no air conditioning which doesn't sound bad until you try opening the windows and are confronted with the noise of one of the primary roads in this town, combined with the ambulances which drive on / out of the hospital next door and there is no way you get a minutes sleep if you open your windows. But a fan is provided which makes so much noise that an Apache helicopter landing on your bedside table would probably make less noise. The room also “benefits” from a build in radio set which must have been Marconi’s first attempt to create a wireless receiver. You are however provided with free Wifi instructions but we couldn’t get that to work either.

Most of the staff we met seemed to have lost the appreciation that they are operating in the hospitality industry. It’s nice to be made to be felt welcome when you arrive somewhere after a very long drive (which they knew about) but none of that and the receptionists attitude could only be described as arrogant. Housekeeping was of the same standard which involved roughly positioning the duvets back on the bed and walking out again after providing some replacement towels which could only be described as posh sandpaper.

I hear the food is great but I can’t really comment on that besides saying that the breakfast was actually OK.I tried to visit the bar twice at night, the first time (11pm) it was shut and the second time 10:15pm they were still open but it was totally obvious that they had cleared everything up and the fact that I wanted a beer was very, very inconvenient.

When we arrived we found 4 Rentokil vans in the car park which we were assured belonged to a group having a party in hotel. We can’t comment on that but the fact that on our last night we were confronted by a group of 20 Polish youngsters hogging the car park whilst smoking dope outside the front door summarizes how far this place as sunk.

You may have guessed that I may not go there again and you’re right as the place is awful and if you have to go there I suggest you visit the beautiful (honest!) chapel behind the hotel first and pray that they have updated the it.

All in all the hospital next door must be far more attractive than this hotel and I'm sure I would prefer to stay there next time.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Woldtraveller99
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I always stay here when I work in the area, the food is amazing. The staff are very friendly and efficient, and the rooms are perfectly acceptable. I spend around three nights a week in a hotel somewhere, and this is one of the best. I would recommend it.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights whilst visiting Tilburg. It's about 2 miles from the centre of town so expect to have to drive in.
We didn't use the restaurant as the food wasn't to our taste - lots of fish.
The buffet breakfast was good with a good range of breads, cheese, meats, fruit etc.
The wifi didn't work in our room although we were told it should so had to go down to the bar area to gain access but it was free.
We weren't able to park in the car park on the Saturday night as there was a wedding reception but the cost of the car park over the road was covered by the hotel so that wasn't a problem.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room as the ones over the bar area will probably be noisy due to weddings etc that a...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2012

rooms very dated and showing their age (but clean). black walls, carpets and lamp shades do not provide pleasant ambience. I changed room to get one with bath, but initial room with shower was very small and shabby. Food/restaurant reasonable, but limited menu. Breakfast average.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Had the pleasure of visiting the quiet city of Tilburg . During my stay I was booked in this boutique Hotel , De Postelse Hoeve, which was also very convenient to the venue my meetings and the city center . The amenities were satisfactory (of course , it would be unfair for me to compare with those found in Asia which had spas, parlors, fitness centers, shops etc.) and was well kept. They managed to keep it spick-and-span by cleaning the hotel everyday! Breakfast food was very much the same everyday but the food served in their other resto ,specially the sole was divine!I would say, some of their deficiencies were well compensated by the warm hospitality of their staff! Would I come back again here to stay...OF COURSE!!!

Room Tip: book in advance to get good rates and try to get rooms at the end of the wing, as it tends to get no...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tilburg
Centrum
NH Waalwijk
#1 of 2 in Waalwijk
Auberge De Moerse Hoeve
#5 of 8 in Tilburg

Been to De Postelse Hoeve? Share your experiences!