“Good hotel”

and 1 more site!
De Postelse Hoeve
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Tilburg
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights whilst visiting Tilburg. It's about 2 miles from the centre of town so expect to have to drive in.
We didn't use the restaurant as the food wasn't to our taste - lots of fish.
The buffet breakfast was good with a good range of breads, cheese, meats, fruit etc.
The wifi didn't work in our room although we were told it should so had to go down to the bar area to gain access but it was free.
We weren't able to park in the car park on the Saturday night as there was a wedding reception but the cost of the car park over the road was covered by the hotel so that wasn't a problem.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room as the ones over the bar area will probably be noisy due to weddings etc that a...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 4, 2012

rooms very dated and showing their age (but clean). black walls, carpets and lamp shades do not provide pleasant ambience. I changed room to get one with bath, but initial room with shower was very small and shabby. Food/restaurant reasonable, but limited menu. Breakfast average.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Had the pleasure of visiting the quiet city of Tilburg . During my stay I was booked in this boutique Hotel , De Postelse Hoeve, which was also very convenient to the venue my meetings and the city center . The amenities were satisfactory (of course , it would be unfair for me to compare with those found in Asia which had spas, parlors, fitness centers, shops etc.) and was well kept. They managed to keep it spick-and-span by cleaning the hotel everyday! Breakfast food was very much the same everyday but the food served in their other resto ,specially the sole was divine!I would say, some of their deficiencies were well compensated by the warm hospitality of their staff! Would I come back again here to stay...OF COURSE!!!

Room Tip: book in advance to get good rates and try to get rooms at the end of the wing, as it tends to get no...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2011

A very average hotel, room was clean and functional. Service was polite and efficient. The restaurant food was surprisingly good though the choice was very limited. Not a holiday destination but fine for a business trip.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the main road are a little noisy from the traffic.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 8, 2010

It is kind of in the middle of nowhere. Small town, so no chains. The rooms were not even up to par with a Days Inn in the states, but I still liked this place. It made me feel like I was in Europe in the seventies... The rooms are painted a VERY dark burgundy and black, and the swing out windows overlook an asphalt roof. It is only about two stories high, and they still use real keys to get you into your room. The bed is a platform bed with two twin mattresses pushed together to make a king. Now I could see the point IF you could separate the beds, but you could not! Even stranger, the beds were dressed separately as twin beds, sheets, blankets and all... Go figure!
On a more positive not, the restaurant downstairs was SO good. The food rivals any five star I have ever stayed in, for Europe. The lobster bisque was so good I had to order a bowl in the bar before I left the next day, and the crepes were divine. Very decent wine list for a place of this size. The servers are very friendly and relaxed and spent lots of time between our service to visit and chat. It was a very nice evening.
There is a cozy little wood paneled bar adjacent. I highly recommend the Bloody Mary. Gosh, I wish we had tomato juice like that in the U.S. It was so thick and rich! I would stay here again for the restaurant. Beside the fact that you do not have much to choose from...

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank 01ofvisadventures
Reviewed March 12, 2007

We stayed at the postelse hoeve last april, and shall be returning this month, it was that impressive.

spick and span, great; helpful staff.

i would heartily reccomend that you stay here given the choice.

Stayed: April 2006
1  Thank lastjunkie
Reviewed November 20, 2006

I was staying in the The Queen - Waalwijk and working in Tilburg, I therefore decided to move for this hotel the De Postelse Hoeve to be closer to the office.

With my work I spend may nights in hotels and this one is the worst that I have ever stayed in. Dirty, (the bathroom could do with fumigating). The floor was cleaner than the bed! Didn't stay for breakfast!

I had to plead with The Queen to let me stay there for the rest of the week!! God help those who stay in the De Postelse Hoeve..

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Clintyd
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tilburg
Centrum
Mercure Hotel Tilburg Centrum
Ibis Tilburg
#4 of 8 in Tilburg
Bastion Hotel Tilburg
#3 of 8 in Tilburg
Auberge Du Bonheur
#2 of 8 in Tilburg

Been to De Postelse Hoeve? Share your experiences!