“Nice surprise!”

Cuisines: Afghani
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Sarban, located just outside the center of Tilburg, is an Afghan speciality restaurant. Next to the many renown eastern and mediterranean cuisines this might just be the surprising alternative you linger for. The dishes coming from a culture highly influenced by travelers coming from classic eastern and western cultures passing by on the silk route appear to be a real treat. Sometimes sweet than again spicy. Flavors you might never have experienced. It all makes Sarban special and differing from the more obvious. The friendly staff guarantees a great feeling of hospitality. Make sure your table is booked in advance because the restaurant is discovered by a greater public and it is often fully booked.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I was in Sarban with a few friends and felt like coming home from the very start. The staff is so nice and friendly. The food is brilliant and the veggie options were amazing. They were that great that my meat eating friends were jealous :)

Love this place!

1  Thank SusyQGlencoe
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Having dinner at Sarban is one of the best restaurant experiences I've ever had. Everything was just perfect except that we were in a bit of a rush to get to an appointment later that evening. We told the staff and they were really friendly and told us we'd be out of the restaurant in time and we were!

We had a lovely dinner. The food is delicious and not expensive at all. The staff was amazing considering we are both vegetarian, but they whipped up three vegetarian courses in no time. We got to taste several dishes and they were all very tasty.

I would recommend this place to all of my friends! It's an one hour drive to the restaurant for us, but we'll be going back for sure!

Reviewed September 12, 2012

I was travelling on business and checked outnthe local advice on this app. Sarban was full on a Wednesday night, a good sign.
They did not turn me and my colleague away. They made us feel at home and we got a table within 30 minutes. The food was exceptional and well worth trying. If this is how the Afghan's cook then I want to visit. Awesome food.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

We had planned to visit this place based on many recommendations from friends. Expectations were high and.....met. We chose to select the introduction/suprise menu and got offered a taste into a surprisingly tasty Afghan kitchen. From dishes/snacks people usually buy in the streets of Afghanistan to exclusive 'king's' dishes that only the elite can afford in Afghanistan. Being introduced to delicious traditional dishes was great and this quality was matched by the very friendly and informative waitor and chef. Both of them take time out to connect with their customers and gave backgrounds to what they're serving. Quite a special place!