“Noisy & Dirty!!!”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Tilburg
Utrecht, The Netherlands
“Noisy & Dirty!!!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This mainly business hotel is trying to attract also regional tourists but is not really a place I'd want to spend a restful break. Although very centrally situated, it is not a place to sleep or work (especially with such poor WIFI access). Restaurant is not at all bad nor is breakfast but I would really worry about the cleanliness of the rooms. Dust everywhere and stained carpets.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
AV622, Front Office Manager at Mercure Hotel Tilburg Centrum, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear misses Reid,

May we begin by thanking you for your review on TripAdvisor. We are glad to read that you’re satisfied with our restaurants. We would like to offer our sincere apologies regarding the poor wifi access and the stained carpets.

We have been having a few problems with our wifi access, we are currently trying to solve this problem. We informed our Housekeeping manager about your findings, she will take appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

We are very sorry to see that you were disappointed with your stay at our hotel this time and we hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Jenneke van Spaendonck
Front-Office manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Thai first
Munich
Reviewed June 23, 2013

That was a very pleasant experience! I am using my own "star system" for hotels, and they got all of them: a) Free internet that works perfectly, b) flexible and friendly staff, c) VERY good breakfast (even with good options for vegetarians and vegans, but my meat-eating colleages were all deeply impressed too), d) a good bar/terrace, and e) a good shower. Furthermore, ample outlets for power, and a good desk to work on. Location also optimal. So five stars from me.

(I personally don't care how often hotels replace my soap or make my bed. I can deal with re-using soap, and I can also make my own bed)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Werrington Australia
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Firstly for the money we paid for the 6 days in a 4 star hotel it was not what we expected or accustomed too in Australia. The room we were given was no where near what is advertised on the hotel web page.
The room was not air conditioned, no tea & coffee making facilities and no breakfast.
Being a non air conditioned room you have to the window open for air, however at this location the night life starts at about 11.00pm and goes on to the early hours of the morning forcing you to close the window and get very little sleep.
I would give this hotel a 2 star rating and would not recommend it if you want to sleep at night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I have family in Tilburg and Breda and was over from London for my sister's wedding. We were blessed with beautiful weather not just for the wedding but for the whole trip, and therefore spent a lot of time soaking up the dutch culture with rose's and biertjes op terrace! the location was just perfect, close to lots of shops and restaurants.

we also hired bikes from the Tilburg station and cycled to Udenhout, berkel enschot and find parks in and around Tilburg - EG: vondelbos

The staff were very friendly, even when they had to let us in from a late night out, catching up with little sis.

We liked it so much that we ended up staying another night!

we just really enjoyed our stay and would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed April 29, 2013

The Mercure Tilburg is ideally located in the middle of town, close to the shopping streets and an unknown number of bars. Said bars make for a noisy experience, however. Every night I could hear the endless techno music from across the street, and although the windows are decently soundproof, they are not soundproof enough to stop a techno bar with open doors.

In general, the hotel and our room did not live up the 4 stars. Our room was clean, but had an aged and quite uninspiring interior. There was no water boiler in the room and therefore no free coffee or tea. Coffee was available in the bar, but they only serve about half a cup for 2 euros+.

The bathroom was large enough and included a bath tub, for those who enjoy them. There was a shower as well, unfortunately one with a curtain. When using the toilet, I had to turn my entire torso around 60 degrees to the right in order to be able to reach the toilet paper, which was inconveniently placed in a holder I could not open. The paper kept getting stuck in the holder due to its poor design.

Breakfast was nice, when the kitchen wasn't running out of things. Eggs and bacon appeared to be high in demand. The (delicious) fruit bowl was almost empty every time I checked it.

The staff seemed friendly enough most of the time, but I did witness the night porter trying to refuse some of his guests entry one night, for no comprehensible reason. The service was generally very slow and sometimes downright rude. Ordering a coffee in the bar especially took a lot longer than necessary, because the waitress left the bar to do other things while the half cup of coffee was brewing.

These are all small annoyances, but there were enough of them to make the hotel itself annoying. I may stay here again though, due to the location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed April 22, 2013

It is a very central hotel, where all the shopping places, restaurants and bars take place. Although it is in a very loud place, if you close the window, you may sleep very easily because there is a great padded system of the rooms. Very clean, near to the transport. Definitely the best one in Tilburg!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

There is nothing wrong with this hotel but it is showing its age and is a strange layout. The rooms are functional and the breakfast was acceptable. For an overnight stay in early April it was OK right in the centre, on the town square. There are bars, cafes and restaurants all around so would be great in the summer. I can imagine it being a bit noisy for some people though. I wouldn't want to stay here for any length of time.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tilburg
Ibis Tilburg
Van der Valk Hotel Gilze-Tilburg
Hotel de Leijhof Oisterwijk
Hotel de Leijhof Oisterwijk
#1 of 5 in Oisterwijk

Been to Mercure Hotel Tilburg Centrum? Share your experiences!