Open today: 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
AMAZING EXPERIENCE

Discover the child inside you, or of course bring the family and enjoy. Lots to see, do, walk... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
liakouri
Athens, Greece
Superb

My partner's favourite place as a child and still a superb day out for adults, so an ideal 30th... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

from $27.03
from $90.88
from $28.76
7,759 results
All reviews all ages theme park fairytale forest waiting times thrill rides flying dutchman fata morgana beautiful park magical place dark rides attractions lines parks children roller adults baron
Selected filters
Reviewed August 28, 2016

I will start off with an over view of the park and then some practical information.

The park is themed after Dutch fairy tales. Since I am not Dutch I had no idea who any of the characters were but it did not take away from how cute the park is.

The park is large but very walkable.
It is very clean with plenty of toilet options (some cleaner than others but none were terrible).
Parking is not free.
There is a baggage and coat check just inside the main gate to the left. It costs 1,50 per bag. I did not leave anything valuable in the bag. But the bag was tucked safely away with workers. I returned to the bag and added coats to it later in the day when the temperature warmed up.
There is also wagon and stroller rentals.
The food was reasonably priced but not very tasty. I would say slightly below average for amusement park food.
A friet aka french fry was about 2,80 and a soda was about 2,80. Beer was between 3,00-4,00 (Corona was more). And Olie Bolen year round! Whoo Hoo!!!

You can download an app that allows you to navigate around the park, it also gives you the wait time for each attraction. I found it extremely useful and highly recommend getting the app.

Some notes about the rides -

The new rollercoaster called Baron. There is a pizza/ milkshake place near the entrance of the ride. Along the side of the pizza place are a serious of lockers which give you a wrist band and your items are secure in the locker. USE THIS. We did not see them when we went into the line. We waited 50 minutes when we got to the front of the line the man working said I could not wear my very small cross body bag. I mean very small. He said I had to leave it in a serious of cubby holes that were wide open. I said but anyone can grab the bag from here and walk away. He said NO I AM WATCHING THEM. As he said that 4 people behind him took bags and left. I am sure they were their bags but the fact is I was not leaving my passport, ID, phone, cash etc all with some 17 year old kid. He would not allow my family and I to take turns riding the coaster so I was kicked out of line. This was not even remotely nice.

Side note - the rest of the coasters did not require we ditch our tiny little bags. They did have people leave back packs.

The Haunted House called Spookslot is the worst. It is 12 minutes of standing in the dark in a very hot room listening to 3-4 children scream because they are scared. And it is not scary. It is not a ride, it just standing on a platform watching old animatronics in the dark.

We really liked Halve Maan, Python, Villa Volta,Vogel Rok, Fata Morgana and Bob.

A note about going on BOB - there is a single rider line. So if your children are older and do not care about riding together you can get in this line. It is much shorter. You will have to ride with strangers but if you are trying to maximize your time this might help.

2  Thank ChanaJane3
Reviewed August 27, 2016

The huge parking full of cars was the first thing, which impressed me. It was about a few hours after the opening in the beginning of the work week (and summer holidays), but parking spots nearby the entrance were all taken. It took a bit of driving aside (following the signals of traffic directors) and about 15 minutes walking to the entrance. Though it's a tiny fracture of what you will walk in a day at the park, so take a stroller or a pull cart (for a few euros) after the entrance, even if children walk themselves.

We bought normal tickets online just for an entrance, passed almost without a waiting time and went to the "fairytale forest" (sprookjesbos). Next time I'll pay for the parking first, since there were queues at the end of the day. It's nice to have a map at hands or an official Efteling app with outdoor navigation, but even with them it is worth planning the route carefully or better follow the signs. My favourites in the forest are the children theater and "fairytale tree" (sprookjesboom). They are in Dutch, but very enjoyable, so we'll come there again.

After a forest it's nice to hop on a steam train and ride around a park to rest a bit and make further plans. Smartphone app shows waiting times, so it is convenient to adjust the route on the go. It was not practical for us to stand 40 minutes in a queue to the monorail above a dwarths' village, but we took a walk through the village and it was nice. Though the children had been asking to go to the monorail all the time. But they were happy later on caurosels nearby and took a nice ride on a pedal train themselves.

Then it came a daddys time to try a roller coaster the first time and the Python was conveniently available. We made a mistake of walking there with a stroller, because the exit is on the other side of the track and it´s difficult to move a stroller and children above the cars on the station. So it required a backward walk against the visitors in a narrow corridor. It was nice though, because my older daughter changed her mind in the last minute and didn´t go with me. It was a right decision, since Python is not easy and it took a lot of mind work and hearetbeat to cope with its loops.

Make sure to stay till the evening. It should not be difficult, since there is a lot to do, but make sure you take the best place at Aqauanura water show 10-15 minutes before it. Also if you plan to buy some souvenirs, it's better to do before the show. Souvenir shop near the entrance will be extremly crowded before the closing time. The show itself is a great combination of music, water and even flame. It is worth watching even next time, and we definetely go there more. However, the next time we will go to the places, which we could not attend. Such as a temple with panoramic view "Pagode". If the weather will be good, then going down the river rapids ride "Pirana" should be fun. I would also try roller coaster "Winter illusions", which should be more family friendly than "Python". We didn't go to any of the closed attractions, because the weather was so good, but they might be a good option for a rainy day.

See you next time Efteling or "tot volgende keer" how it is said in Dutch.

2  Thank SergeyPanfilov
Reviewed August 27, 2016 via mobile

The place is really worth a visit if you happen to be in Amsterdam esp if you have kids they will love it but even if tou dont I think you will also enjoy it. Book online to get discount. Its very big so have plenty of hours we only had 6hours spent enough to ride about 10rides as queing time is around 10-20mins not bad though.Dont miss the watershow its amazing.Food is average and cost is ok but you can bring your own food if you wish too.you can have a picnic anywhere.its a beautiful place

Reviewed August 26, 2016 via mobile

Imaginative surroundings, great rides, great location. Plenty of places to eat, and facilities. Queues not longer than 30 mins. The attention to detail of the setting for the Flying Dutchman was worthy of a film set! Very authentic. Attentive staff. A great family day out. Something for all ages.

1  Thank Sarah P
Reviewed August 26, 2016

I have been coming to the Efteling since the age of 6 at approx 15 year intervals.
I have enjoyed it each time more and more. Yesterday at the age of 60, I took my grandchild for the first time. He loved it!( i drove for 13 hours going and 12 hours back today from the South West of England.I sat in traffic queues both ways, and it was well worth it, as it was just so great!. With 4 more grandchildren, no doubt, I will be visiting soon again. Each time there has been a new range of attractions. The original ones from years gone by, still 'bewitch me' they are excellently maintained, the grounds of the parc are immaculate, with very colourful borders and flower pots everywhere and the staff are the best and kindest anywhere in Europe. the Entry fee so reasonable for so very very much. Thank you Efteling from your greatest fan!

3  Thank janineperyer